Scuba Diving Courses
PADI Drift Diver Specialty Course
Gliding with the currents, watching the big pelagic fish move seemingly effortlessly upcurrent, feeling the rush of flying underwater, is what drift diving is all about.
During your PADI Drift Diver course, you'll go on 2 open water scuba dives (which may be conducted in 1 day). We highly recommended that you enrol in this programme on a liveaboard or at a resort destination where there are strong and predictable currents so that you can expose yourself to the techniques and procedures for drift diving.
Topics covered include:
- The planning, organisation, problems and hazards of drift diving;
- Special equipment - floats, lines, reels;
- Proper procedures for buoyancy-control, navigation and communication;
- Site selection and an overview of aquatic currents causes and effects;
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group.
The elective Drift Dive from the Adventures in Diving programme may be counted towards this specialty.
Number of Dives: 2
Duration: 1 day
Price: Courses price list
Location: This course is available at our 5 Star Dive Centre in Phuket, Thailand; as well as
Mabul and Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia;
Bali and Manado in Indonesia;
Taveuni and Kadavu in Fiji.