Archipelago Adventurer II
THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE. DIVE THE WORLD NO LONGER SELLS THIS PRODUCT.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATIVES
Cruising through the seas around Raja Ampat, the Banda Islands and Lucipara in the Banda Sea, and the waters of Komodo National Park, is the impressive 35 metre long
Adventurer II, a purpose-built Indonesian dive boat in the style of a Phinisi schooner. One glance at the boat shows the extent to which the upper decks have been enlarged to provide you with much more space than a standard Phinisi.
The Archipelago Adventurer II is a prime example of fusing the historical and the modern. The hull and exterior are made of traditional Indonesian wood and give the boat a classic feel, whereas the brushed-metal alloy finished interior is stylishly modern and tastefully decorated with contemporary furnishings.
Being a large vessel with additional interior space. The liveaboard has its own separate dining room
and there is an abundance of lounging area both inside and out, whether you're in the large air-conditioned saloon lounge equipped with full entertainment facilities, relaxing with cool drinks on the shaded upper deck, or tanning on the expansive sundeck.
With 10 beautifully finished cabins, each with private bathrooms
, and an emphasis on fine dining, a trip on the Adventurer II through West Papua and the Banda Islands or to Komodo is an experience of relaxation and luxury cruising, coupled with days full of world class scuba diving. If you're nitrox qualified, then you can take advantage of the free nitrox usage
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 4 larger twin bed cabins on the upper deck; and on the main deck there are 2 double or twin bunk bed cabins and 4 smaller double, twin or twin bunk bed cabins. All the cabins are the same price and are light, spacious and modern, with private en-suite bathrooms.
All the cabins have:
- Individually-controlled air conditioning
- Large seaview windows
- Toilet and unlimited hot water shower
- Hand basin, mirror, toiletries and towels
- Reading lights
- Cabinets, table and shelves
- Lockable drawers
- Bedding (all beds are 2 metres long)
- Fire extinguisher
- Twin round pin 220V and 110V mains outlet - 24 hours per day
No. of bathrooms / showers - 11 / 12 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The liveaboard crew comprises:
- Cruise Director
- 4 Divemasters
- 1st and 2nd Officers
- 3 Cooks
- 2 Stewards
- Medical Officer
- 4 Engineers
- 2 Tender drivers
- 2 Deck hands
Enriched air nitrox (complimentary) - Motorised dive tenders - 30m² dive deck with hot water shower - Camera tables, rinse tanks and HP air hose - 36m² Air-conditioned saloon with TV, DVD video, computer, marine, movie and general library - Air-conditioned Cinnamon Restaurant with bar and music system - Open-air shaded area for relaxation and dining - 130m² sundeck with sunchairs and mattresses - Boutique selling Indonesian curios, jewellery and souvenirs - Laundry service.
On board the Archipelago Adventurer II, all diving in Raja Ampat is done from the 2 motorised aluminium tenders. The tenders have fitted wooden bench seats with individual equipment stations set directly behind each seat place, which makes donning of scuba gear very easy. The tenders also have steel ladders and carry first aid kits, drinking water and CB radios.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
On board you can enjoy the finest meals during the safari, prepared by a team of internationally-trained chefs. Fresh seafood and fruits are complemented with home made bread, and the gourmet menu is as varied as it is delicious.
- International main meal dishes.
- Waited service in dining room or open-air.
- Most dietary requirements can be catered for - please send us your requirements.
- The dining service begins upon your arrival on the first day of the cruise.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, drinking water, fruit and biscuits are all provided free of charge.
- Beer , spirits and wine are also available.
- Operator rates their dining as "11 out of 10"!
- No fixed menu.
- a variety of soups followed by main course, e.g. Prawns in ginger with julienne vegetables, or Beef Lolita served with garlic potatoes, vegetables and corn sauce; then dessert - chocolate cake with ice cream, or pancake with apple/mango/cinnamon mousse and ice cream.
- a variety of salads (e.g. tomato and cucumber salad) followed by main course, e.g. seafood curry with shrimps, rice and vegetables.
- any eggs style (e.g. bacon and goat's cheese omelette), bacon, sausage, roasted potatoes and grilled tomatoes.
- muesli, Danish pastries, croissants, fruit and toast.
- Built in year 2005
- Size - 35m x 9.8m
- Weight - 350 tonnes
- Top speed - 10 knots
- Cruising speed - 8 knots
- 2 x Yanmar engines - 580 and 220 HP
- 2 x 60 KW Yanmar generators
- 2 x LW 450 E dive tank compressors
- Renner membrane enriched air nitrox system
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with dual valves
- Electricity 220V and 110 V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 10,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 20,000 litres
- Fresh water maker - 6,000 litres per day
- Environmental storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 3 x Life rafts
- 2 x twin 40 HP Yamaha aluminium dive tenders
- SSB, VHF and CB radios
- Garmin global positioning system (GPS)
- Furuno radar
- Garmin depth sounder and fishfinder
- Satellite telephone and weather facsimile
- Medic first aid box
- Continuous-flow oxygen system - 24,000 litres
- Fire detectors
- Searchlight, life rings and loudhailer
- Life jackets on the upper deck
- Emergency signalling devices
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- All customers must have their own diving insurance - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation