THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE. DIVE THE WORLD NO LONGER SELLS THIS PRODUCT.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATIVES
When it comes to modern Red Sea diving liveaboards that offer value for money, it really is difficult to see past the 35 metre
MY Eternity. The saloon is spacious and bright with large windows and lots of sofa seating to watch the large flat-screen or contact the outside world by renting one of the onboard mobile internet USB cards
. The dining area in the saloon is spacious with glass-topped dining tables and chairs, and there's a bar lounge on the upper deck with an additional TV and computer for guest use.
The flybridge serves as a sundeck and is equipped for relaxation and soaking up the Red Sea sun with proper sun loungers and chairs, bean bags, comfy seating and a music system. There's also an open air shaded air, if you prefer the fresh air without UVs.
The cabin arrangements offer guests a good range of diver accommodation, all of a high standard with air-conditioning and private bathrooms
. There are several double bed suites with personal TV/DVD players
and standard twin bed cabins with plenty of space for luggage storage.
Diving in the Red Sea is what most guests come here for, and there's always plenty to see, whether you choose a southern cruise or the Sinai Peninsula and wrecks. The MY Eternity is ahead of the game here too with free nitrox
for all qualified divers.
2 motorised dinghies with dive guides, a hardwood dive deck and platform with charging points for batteries, deck toilet and showers, make up the rest of the scuba facilities. Eternity could be at the top of the pile for a very long time when it comes to high quality and top value Red Sea diving liveaboards.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, tea and water, soft drinks, dives, tanks, weights and weightbelts, nitrox, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), return transfers from airport or nearby hotels.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 154 per trip), dive permissions and taxes (US$ 51), national park fees/permissions as follows: Brothers US$ 59, Brothers & Elphinstone US$ 59, Marine Park US$ 95, North & Wrecks US$ 12, Marsa Ghalib port fee US$ 30.
Optional extras: Dive insurance, torches, marker devices, alcoholic drinks, visa.
How to get there: MY Eternity departs from Hurghada, Marsa Alam and Marsa Ghalib and return transfers are included from nearby hotels and from Hurghada and Marsa Alam airports to the departure point. Check-in time starts on the afternoon of the first day before dinner (boat departs next morning). Check out the morning of the last day (last night usually on the boat in the harbour). Late arrivals or early departures can be arranged.
There are direct flights from Cairo to Hurghada (1 hr) and Marsa Alam (1.5 hrs) via Egypt Air. From certain destinations in the UK and Europe it is possible to fly into Hurghada and Marsa Alam direct. For more information see our travel information section for the Red Sea.
Non-diver rate: Discount of US$ 59.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of Euro 188 to the published price. Please check with us.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Please check with us if you have a group wishing to charter MY Eternity.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 2 double bed Upper deck Suites with windows, 1 double bed Main deck Suite with portholes, and 8 twin bed Standard Cabins with portholes on the lower deck. All cabins feature private en-suite bathrooms.
All the cabins have:
- En-suite bathroom with hot water shower, soap and hand basin
- Windows on upper deck and portholes on lower & main decks
- Suites have satellite TV & DVD players
- Bedding & towels provided
- Cabinet, hairdryer & mirror
- Reading lamps
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- Fire warning system
- Life jackets & fire extinguisher
No. of bathrooms / showers - 13 / 15 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- 2 Instructors / Divemasters
- Cook & Assistant
- Cabin Boy
- Saloon Boy
- 4 Deck Hands
Complimentary nitrox - 2 motorised dive dinghies - Dive deck & platform with hot shower, toilet, separate rinse tank for cameras and charging points for electrical diving equipment - Tec diving allowed and equipment for rent - Air-conditioned saloon with dining area, big-screen TV, DVD and music players - Computer with CD burner - Mobile internet USB sticks available for rent - Upper deck bar lounge with TV & DVD - Library with movies, magazines, novels & fish ID books - Open air shaded area - Flybridge with sun loungers, deck chairs, bean bags, seating and music - Water dispenser.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
International cuisine and local delicacies are served buffet style on the main deck in the dining section of air-conditioned saloon. A typical dinner might consist of soup, pasta dish, meats/fish, various salads, potatoes, noodles and rice.
- Main meals comprise pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Bar snacks of chocolate bars, biscuits, cakes and fruit are available all day long.
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks, drinking water and juice are all complimentary.
- Pizzas are made as afternoon snacks, with ice-cream sometimes offered as dessert after meals.
- Beer and wine are available for purchase onboard.
- Vegetarian and other special diets can be catered for with prior notice.
- The galley has separate storage space for meats and vegetables.
- Catering begins on guest arrival.
- Built in 2007, restored annually
- Size - 35m x 7.6m
- Top speed - 11 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 2 x 540 HP Caterpillar engines
- 2 x 80 KW generators
- 2 x Bauer Mariner dive tank compressors
- Membrane enriched air nitrox system
- 12 & 15 litre aluminium tanks with DIN fittings and international inserts
- Electricity 220v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 16,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 13,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 7,000 litres per day
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x life rafts
- 2 x 25 & 40 HP Yamaha dinghies
- JRC Radar
- JRC GPS
- JRC Fishfinder
- Satellite & mobile telephones
- JRC & DSC radios
- Bilge pump alarm
- Search light & horn
- EPIRB & emergency flares
- Fire alarms / detectors
- Life jackets, life rings & fire extinguishers throughout
- Extensive first aid box and trained staff
- 16,000 litres of oxygen on board