Click on an image to enlarge
THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE. DIVE THE WORLD NO LONGER SELLS THIS PRODUCT.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATIVES
MY Cyclone is a 32m long motor yacht that forms part of the Tornado Marine Fleet and conducts Red Sea diving safaris around the best dive sites of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula. Following an extensive re-fit in 2007 you can now make use of an upper deck saloon, Jacuzzi on the sundeck
and a re-styled restaurant.
The main deck of the liveaboard is where the spacious, air conditioned saloon is located. Here you will find full entertainment facilities and a bar for those post dive tipples. The interior is wood-panelled and carpeted and the decks are all teak, lending the Cyclone a very comfortable classy feel.
There is a 20 guest maximum onboard and there are 10 cabins to choose from - all with air conditioning and private en-suite facilities
. Operating out of Sharm El Sheikh, this is very much a diver's liveaboard with a large, orderly dive deck, nitrox and DIN adapters all on hand.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, tea and water, bottled soft drinks, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weightbelts, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s).
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment, dive insurance, fuel surcharge, national park fee and permissions. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Transfers, torches, alcoholic drinks, nitrox, Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The M/Y Cyclone liveaboard departs from Sharm El Sheikh. There are direct flights from Cairo to Sharm El Sheikh (1 hour) via Egypt Air. From certain destinations in the UK and Europe it is possible to fly into Sharm direct. Airport transfers can be arranged at additional charge. For more information see our Red Sea travel information section.
The first and last nights of the safari are spent in the harbour. Guests arrive and board on the first day. The boat leaves the harbour on the morning of the second day. Full tourist visas are available only at the airport for citizens of certain countries, unless obtained in advance. Please ensure you understand the tourist visa requirements that apply to you. The last dive of the trip will be at around 3.00 pm. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: No discount available.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 100% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: See whole boat charter rates below.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Pay for 18 guests and 2 extra persons can join free of charge.
Add-on package: If you have time, we strongly recommend that you consider some of the wonderful antiquities tours in Egypt which can add a whole new dimension to your holiday.
Cairo museum's royal mummies, the pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, a glorious cruise down the Nile staying in a luxury cabin, The Valley of the Kings, all of these and more can be seen in packages starting at 6 nights' duration. Other activities such as 4x4 safaris and camel tours are also available as are custom-made packages to suit your needs.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
The MY Cyclone has 10 twin bed cabins, 2 on the middle and 8 on the lower deck, all with private en-suite bathrooms.
All the liveaboard's cabins have:
- Private bathrooms with hot water shower and hand basin
- Bedding & towels provided
- Cabinet, shelves & mirror
- Reading lights
- Safe belongings box
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin electrical wall sockets
- Fire warning system, fire extinguishers & life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 11 / 11 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
Boat crew comprises:
- 2 Dive Instructors / Divemasters
- Captain & First Mate
- Cook & Chef's Assistant
- 2 Engineers
- 2 Stewards
- 2 Deck Hands
Nitrox available - Motorised dinghies - 35m² dive deck with fresh water shower & toilet, camera table & rinse tanks - 21m² diving platform - 24m² air-conditioned saloon with well-stocked bar, TV, DVD and music centre - USB internet sticks - 44m² dedicated restaurant - 30m² open air shaded area on upper deck - Jacuzzi on 36m² sun deck with with sun matresses & chairs - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Meals are taken in the air-conditioned restaurant on the main deck of this liveaboard and are served buffet style in between diving the Red Sea. The Tornado Marine fleet are known for producing high quality food so you can expect the freshest ingredients and plenty of choice.
- The cook caters for international, Italian and local cuisine.
- Special diets, including vegetarian diets, are catered for with prior notice.
- Main meals include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.
- Snacks consist of biscuits, candy bars and fruit.
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks and drinking water are complimentary.
- Beer and wine are available for purchase onboard.
- Menus are not fixed and meals are served buffet style in the restaurant.
- Catering begins at guest check-in in Sharm.
Some sample meals:
1. Lasagne Bolognese with Ruccola salad with French vinaigrette
2. Fried eggplant topped with fresh cardamom and French fries
3. Chicken fillet 'Makhani' curry with Basmati rice
- Built in 1998, restored 2009
- Size - 32m x 7.3m
- Weight - 160 tonnes
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 580 HP Cummings engines
- 2 x 75 KW Onan generators
- 2 x K14 scuba tank compressors
- Membrane enriched air nitrox system
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with international and DIN valves
- 15 litre steel tanks available on request
- Electricity 220v/380v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 15,000 litres
- Water maker - 5,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 15,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x life rafts
- 2 x 55 HP large RIB dive dinghies
- VHF MFHF DSC radios
- Depth finder
- Satellite & mobile phones
- Bilge pump alarm
- Searchlight & horn
- Emergency lights & signal devices
- Fire alarms / detectors throughout
- Life jackets & fire extinguishers in each cabin & throughout
- MFA box and trained staff
- 20,000 litres of continuous flow oxygen plus DAN kit onboard