THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE. DIVE THE WORLD NO LONGER SELLS THIS PRODUCT.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATIVES
Superlatives are inadequate to describe this boat of truly cosmic proportions. The MY Galaxy is straight out of the top drawer for luxury liveaboard diving in the Red Sea, and one of the top vessels in the Dive The World catalogue.
Built in 2009, this liveaboard boat makes use of the latest in marine technology, with twin 1400 HP MTU engines
and Super Silent generators.
At over 42 metres in length
, Galaxy oozes space and elegance.
The stylish saloon is huge and beautifully fitted with large seaview windows and swish sofa seating to relax with a drink from the bar or espresso machine
, or catch a movie on the 42" plasma screen TV. Galaxy also allows guests to stay connected with complimentary onboard internet access
There is a dedicated air-conditioned restaurant
towards the bow of the main deck. This is the spot on this liveaboard where you'll sample fine dining with a touch of class.
The Standard cabins on the lower and upper decks are all bright and spacious with personal unit air-conditioning and private bathrooms
. The king-size Royal Suite is immaculately designed, being large enough for 2 sofas and a separate walk-in shower cubicle in its bathroom. It is also equipped with a personal TV and DVD player. There are 2 more king-size Suites on the upper deck with large windows.
Like most scuba divers in the Red Sea, you'll want to make the most of your available time underwater. The Galaxy provides free nitrox
for all qualified divers to enable you to do this.
MY Galaxy also takes its guest safety seriously too. That's why everyone gets free use of the ENOS satellite location and rescue system
. This means you don't need to be concerned about getting lost at sea - Galaxy do this for you!
The Galaxy's dive deck and platform will not disappoint you either. There are toilets, hot water showers, and charging points for batteries. 2 large motorised dinghies with experienced guides will whisk you away to all the top Red Sea dive spots.
The MY Galaxy is Master of the Universe when it comes to Red Sea liveaboard diving.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, tea and water, soft drinks, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weightbelts, nitrox, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), return transfers from Airport or nearby hotels.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Dive insurance, dive permissions and taxes, national park fees/permissions. Unless otherwise stated, all listed items must be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Scuba equipment, torches, marker devices, alcoholic drinks, visa. Unless otherwise stated, all listed items must be paid on arrival.
How to get there: MY Galaxy departs from Hurghada and Port Ghalib and return transfers are included from nearby hotels and from Hurghada and Marsa Alam airports to the departure point. Check-in time starts on the afternoon of the first day before dinner (boat departs next morning). Check out the morning of the last day (last night usually on the boat in the harbour). Late arrivals or early departures can be arranged.
There are direct flights from Cairo to Hurghada (1 hour) and Marsa Alam (1.5 hours) via Egypt Air. From certain destinations in the UK and Europe it is possible to fly into Hurghada and Marsa Alam direct. For more information see our travel information section for the Red Sea.
Non-diver rate: 10% off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 60% to the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: None.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Please ask us.
Add-on package: If you have time, we strongly recommend that you consider some of the wonderful antiquities tours in Egypt which can add a whole new dimension to your holiday.
Cairo museum's royal mummies, the pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, a glorious cruise down the Nile staying in a luxury cabin, The Valley of the Kings, all of these and more can be seen in packages starting at 6 nights in duration. Other activities such as 4x4 safaris and camel tours are also available as are custom-made packages to suit your needs.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There is 1 king-size Royal Suite on the lower deck with its own TV/DVD player, sofa seating and double portholes for natural light. There are also 2 king-size upper deck Suites with windows. The 10 Standard Cabins are located on the lower and main decks. These all feature windows or twin portholes. All accommodations have private en-suite bathrooms.
All the cabins have:
- Individual control air-conditioning
- En-suite bathroom with hot water shower, shower gel and hand basin
- Windows on upper deck and twin portholes on lower deck
- Royal Suite has TV/DVD player & couches
- Bedding, towels & bathrobes provided
- Bedside cabinet, hairdryer & mirror
- Reading lights
- Wardrobe & shelves
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- Fire warning system
- Life jackets & fire extinguisher
No. of bathrooms / showers - 15 / 15 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The boat crew comprises:
- 2 Instructors / Divemasters
- Chef & Chef's Assistant
- 4 Deck Hands
Complimentary nitrox - 2 motorised dinghies - Dive deck & platform with hot showers, toilets, separate rinse tank for cameras and charging points for electrical equipment - Tec diving allowed and equipment for rent - Air-conditioned saloon with well-stocked bar, espresso machine, big-screen TV, DVD and music player - Computer with CD burner - Mobile internet USB sticks available, free of charge - Library with movies, diving magazines, novels & fish ID books - Air-conditioned restaurant - Large open-air shaded area - Shaded flybridge with comfy seating and tables - Teakwood sundeck with matresses - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
International cuisine and local delicacies are flavour of the day onboard Galaxy, served buffet style in the air-conditioned restaurant.
- Main meals comprise pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- A typical meal consists of soup, meats / fish, pasta, salads, potatoes and rice.
- Bar snacks of chocolate bars, biscuits, cakes and fruit are available all day long.
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks, drinking water and juice are all complimentary.
- Pizzas are made as afternoon snacks, with ice-cream sometimes offered as dessert after meals.
- Beer, wine, spirits and espresso are available for purchase onboard.
- Vegetarian and other special diets can be catered for with prior notice.
- Catering begins on guest arrival.
- Built in 2009
- Size - 42.5m x 8.6m
- Top speed - 15 knots
- Cruising speed - 12 knots
- 2 x 1400 HP MTU engines
- 2 x 84 KW CAT Super Silent generators
- 2 x L&W dive tank compressors
- Membrane enriched air nitrox system
- 12 & 15 litre aluminium tanks with DIN fittings and international inserts
- Electricity 220v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 16,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 18,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 9,600 litres per day
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x life rafts
- 2 x 25 & 40 HP Yamaha dinghies
- ENOS GPS-satellite location & rescue system for all divers
- GPS plotter
- Echo sounder
- VHF radio
- Satellite & mobile telephones
- Bilge pump alarm
- Search light & horn
- Fire alarms / detectors
- Life jackets & fire extinguishers throughout
- Extensive first aid box and trained staff
- 20,000 litres of oxygen on board