Other Philippines options
PY Atlantis Azores
LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Visits Tubbataha, Bohol, Malapascua, Anilao, Apo Reef, Coron
- All cabins have ensuite bathrooms
- Re-breather facilities
- Cameras: 3 tier table, charging station, rinse tanks
- Aluminium hull boat
Click on an image to enlarge
The Atlantis Azores is a 32m aluminium mono-hulled motor yacht providing a variety of cruises which showcase the best diving in the Philippines. Up to 16 divers are accommodated on this comfortable liveaboard and are attended to by 10 crew members.
Guests are comfortably accommodated in 8 air-conditioned, twin/double en-suite cabins. The open plan dining area, saloon and workstation are located on the upper deck where you can enjoy the creature comforts of home. These include TV, DVD, movie library, books and magazines and computer with image-editing facilities. Free internet is available when the coverage allows.
The spacious dive deck is perfectly appointed - all scuba divers have individual equipment storage areas, a 3-tier camera table includes a charging station and there are separate camera rinse tanks and hot water showers for after dives. 4-5 dives are included on most days. Equipment is not included and can only be rented for the Bohol and Cebu-Malapascua charters. Nitrox and re-breather facilities are available at additional cost.
4 distinct liveaboard routes are offered by the Atlantis Azores in the Philippines. You can visit the pristine drop-offs of Tubbataha from mid March till early June. January and February has cruises taking in Anilao, Apo Reef and the wrecks of Coron. From June through to December the liveaboard is based out of Atlantis' Dumaguete resort from which its trips visit the diving hot spots of the Visayas. Also between June and December the Atlantis Azores may operate some cruises around Cebu and Malapascua, which is known for diving with thresher sharks and spectacular walls.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks, hot drinks, fresh fruit juice, social servings of local beer, rum and wine with dinner, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weightbelts, experienced English-speaking dive masters (4 divers per guide), all taxes.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment full set US$ 35 per day, dive insurance, dive computer US$ 15 per day, marine park fees: Tubbataha 7 nights US$ 120, Apo Reef & Coron (7 nights US$ 120, 10 nights US$ 180), Malapascua, Apo Island & The Visayas (10 nights approx. US$ 20 per night). All domestic travel arrangements (land, water and air transfers) to be arranged by Atlantis Azores (please check with us). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or credit card - a 5% discount is offered if personal charges are paid by cash).
Optional extras: Torch US$ 3 per dive, nitrox fills US$ 175 per week, rebreather costs and land excursions. The weather in the Philippines can be unpredictable, travel insurance is highly recommended. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: Atlantis Azores must arrange all domestic travel arrangements (land, water and air transfers) associated with all Azores reservations. The Atlantis Azores liveaboards trips depart from a variety of locations. Boarding is at 15:00 hrs, port departure at 19:00 hrs:
Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park: Boat departs from Puerto Princesa, Palawan. You can fly here from Manila or Cebu.
Malapascua Island & The Visayas: These safaris depart from Dumaguete. You can fly to Dumaguete from Manila or Cebu City.
The last dive of the trip will be at around 08:00 hrs on the last day of the trip. Disembarkation is at 07:30 hrs. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving. For more information see our Philippines travel information section.
Non-diver rate: Approximately 6.5% off the Deluxe cabin published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 70% to the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: 7 nights: Pay for 7 guests and 1 extra person can join the cruise in a Deluxe cabin free of charge (total 8-11 guests). 8+ nights: Pay for 10 guests and 2 additional person can join free of charge (total 12+ guests) .
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Pay for 13 guests and and 3 additional persons can join the cruise.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
The 7 Deluxe cabins are on the lower deck. The liveaboard's Owners cabin is on the upper deck offering superb sea views from the window above the study table. This spacious cabin includes extensive storage space. All cabins are en-suite and have double beds and a single bunk bed.
All the cabins have:
- Windows on the upper deck
- Private bathroom with toilet, hot water shower, towels, bathrobe and hand basin
- Wardrobe and mirror
- Reading lights
- 110V electricity supply with flat 2-pin sockets (Battery charging station for 220V is also available)
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- Space for luggage
No. of bathrooms / showers - 10/10
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 10 comprises:
- 2 Captains/Cruise Leaders
- 2 Instructors
- 2 Divemasters
Enriched air nitrox and rebreathers - Dive deck with 3 tier camera table, separate camera rinse tank, and hot water shower - Air-conditioned dining area and saloon - TV, DVD and computer station with image editing facilities - Movie library, games and fish identification & diving books - Satellite telephone, fax and e-mail (only available in certain locations) - Shaded open-air social area - Sundeck with deck chairs, sun loungers and hot tub - Water dispenser.
All the diving in the Philippines onboard the PY Atlantis Azores is done from 2 dinghies
. The Azores has a large dive platform, providing easy access to the sea.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Buffet-style meals are either served in the comfort of the air-conditioned saloon on the main deck of the liveaboard, or weather permitting, at the open air seating area. Family-style service includes fresh seafood, Filipino favourite dishes, as well as a selection of pastas, salads and homemade soups.
- Filipino and International cuisine.
- Main meals are served buffet-style in the air-conditioned saloon/ open air seating area and comprise pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch and dinner, with snacks in between.
- Snacks, biscuits, bread/toast, fresh fruit, fresh blended juice, ice-tea, soft drinks, local beer and rum, wine, drinking water, and tea & coffee are available free of charge.
- You may 'bring your own', there are no corkage fees levied.
- First meal served is dinner on the first day of the cruise.
- Breakfast will be served on the final day.
- We strongly suggest you give advance notice of any dietary requirements.
- Built in 1989
- Refurbished in 2000 & 2005
- Size - 32m x 5.5m
- Top speed - 15 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 550 HP Cummings engines
- 4 generators (1 x 125 KW, 1 x 99KW, 1 x 65 KW 1 x 25 KW)
- 2 x Bauer compressors
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 40 x 12 litre aluminium tanks with DIN and yoke fittings
- Electricity 110V with 220V battery charging stations available - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 12,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 15,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 1,200 litres per day
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 3 Life rafts, each accommodating 12 passengers
- 36 mile colour radar
- VHF / SSB radio
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Video depth sounder
- Raymarine E120 chart plotter
- 406 Emergency position indicating radio beacons (EPIRB) on the liveaboard and both Zodiacs
- Iridium satellite telephone
- 22 x life jackets on the main deck
- Fire detectors & extinguishers throughout
- Emergency oxygen - 1% Demand valve defibrillator. Quantity unknown
- Medic first aid box
"What can I say about Atlantis Azores? Great boat, awesome food, super friendly staff and great cruise director.
" - Yann Renoux
, France, 24 April 2017 ...