PADI Divemaster Course
For those of you looking to join the leaders of the pack in the dive industry, look no further. The PADI Divemaster training programme is your first step leadership level in the PADI system of scuba diver education. This rating denotes you as a person who:
- Has a high level of personal scuba skills
- Has instructor level knowledge of diving theory
- Has had significant training in how to assist an instructor during course activities
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
In other words, you're the cream of the crop and we want you!
As you may know, many PADI Divemasters go on to become PADI Instructors. So the training and experience you gain trough the PADI Divemaster programme helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator. To help shape you into a Dive Professional, PADI has developed its Divemaster Crew-Pak and various other material.
As a Divemaster, you'll be qualified to:
- Organise, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based
- Assist Instructors in conducting PADI programmes.
To qualify for PADI Divemaster training, you'll need to:
- Be certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be certified as a Rescue Diver
- Have logged a minimum of 40 open water dives prior to entry into PADI Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in search & recovery, night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a Divemaster
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
You'll complete 3 phases in the PADI Divemaster programme:
- Watermanship and skills assessment
- Watermanship and stamina
- General diving skills
- Diving physics and physiology
- Diving skills and environment
- Supervising students in training
- Dive planning, management and control
- Emergency assistance plan for diving emergencies in the local area
- Mapping a local dive site
This involves activities using various structured scuba training sessions, simulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual PADI programmes. These sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities, both as a coordinator and as an underwater dive guide.
As a PADI Divemaster you'll be able to:
- Act as certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors
- Supervise participants in PADI experience programmes for uncertified divers
- Generally supervise both training and no training related scuba activities by planning, organising and directing dives
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program for certified divers
- Enrol in PADI Instructor level training.
Upon successfully completing the PADI Divemaster programme, you'll receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You'll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance.
Number of Dives: 20+
Duration: 15+ days
Price: Courses price list
Location: This programme is available at our 5 Star Dive Centre in Phuket; as well as Phi Phi Islands in Thailand;
Mabul and Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia;
Taveuni and Kadavu in Fiji.