PADI Divemaster Course
For those of you looking to join the leaders of the pack in the dive industry, look no further. The PADI Divemaster training programme is your first step leadership level in the PADI System of diver education. This rating denotes you as a person who:
- Has a high level of personal scuba skills
- Has instructor level knowledge of diving theory
- Has had significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
In other words, you're the cream of the crop and we want you!
As you may know, many PADI Divemasters go on to become PADI Instructors. So the training and experience you gain trough the PADI Divemaster programme helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator. To help shape you into a Dive Professional, PADI has developed the PADI Divemaster Crew-Pak and various other material.
As a PADI Divemaster, you'll be qualified to:
- Organise, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based
- Assist PADI Instructors in conducting PADI Diver programmes.
To qualify for PADI Divemaster training, you'll need to:
- Be certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be certified as a Rescue Diver
- Have logged a minimum of 40 open water dives prior to entry into PADI Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in search & recovery, night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
You'll complete 3 phases in the PADI Divemaster programme:
- Watermanship and skills assessment
- Watermanship and stamina
- General diving skills
- Diving physics
- Diving physiology
- Diving skills and environment
- Supervising students in training
- Dive management and control
- Dive planning
- Emergency assistance plan for diving emergencies in the local diving area
- Mapping a local dive site
This involves training activities using various structured scuba training sessions, simulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual PADI programmes. These training sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities, both as a coordinator and as an underwater dive guide.
As a PADI Divemaster you'll be able to:
- Act as certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors
- Supervise participants in PADI experience programmes for uncertified divers
- Generally supervise both training and no training related diving activities by planning, organising and directing dives
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program for certified divers
- Enrol in PADI Instructor level training.
Upon successfully completing the PADI Divemaster programme, you'll receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You'll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance.
Number of Dives: 20+
Duration: 15+ days
Price: Courses price list
Location: This course is available at our 5 Star Dive Centre in Phuket; as well as Phi Phi Islands in Thailand;
Mabul and Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia;
Taveuni and Kadavu in Fiji.
Back to PADI dive courses index