LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- All cabins have ensuite facilities
- Special photography trips
- Camera: room, PC, camera rental, rinse tanks
- Rebreather friendly
- Complimentary dinner wine
- Large boat with steel hull
Click on an image to enlarge
For a dozen years Nai'a has been the flagship Fiji liveaboard in the South Pacific. Its professional crew is famous as the friendliest and most competent in the business. Their expertise is evidenced by the variety of their schedule, including 7 and 10 night dive trips around Fiji, as well as charters to enjoy Tonga's humpback whales.
Nai'a has both double and twin stateroom en-suite cabins. All are very large, timber-lined, bright, airy, and clean. The vessel is a 36 metre long deluxe steel hull motor yacht which goes under sail where possible, cruising around the islands of Fiji over clear blue water; an unforgettable experience in itself.
Explore the remarkably rich and diverse Bligh Water, with its lavish coral bommies, visit Mutiny Mount, the exclusive Wakaya Island channel, and the astonishing Nigali Passage. This area attracts many of the world's leading photographers and underwater film makers. The Nai'a often runs special photography trips and, due to its unrivalled reputation, attracts many names from the scuba world, such a Stan Waterman, to join their Fiji liveaboards dispensing expert advice to fellow guests.
Nai'a provides complimentary dinner wine during evening meals.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Dive experience: Divers should have at least 30 ocean dives to join these Fiji liveaboard cruises.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks, hot drinks, wine (with dinner), land tours, transfers to the boat from Nadi Airport and hotels, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (max number of divers per DM is 9), tanks, weights and weightbelts, all taxes.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): 15% GST (sales tax) on cruise price (payable in advance), scuba equipment (regulator: US$ 50 per week, BCD: US$ 50 per week)), dive computer (US$ 5 per day), possible fuel surcharge (payable in advance), dive insurance. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or credit card).
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks (wine with dinner complimentary), nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (US$ 150 for 7 nights or US$ 210 for 10 nights),torch (US$ 5 per day), underwater camera. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: Nai'a departs at 14:00 hrs from Lautoka Harbour on the Viti Levu north coast, near Nadi. If you are staying in Nadi, or arriving at Nadi Airport on the morning of the cruise departure, you will be collected at about 13:00 hrs and taken to the boat. If not, then get to either the Raffles Gateway Hotel in Nadi or make your own way to Lautoka Harbour.. In order to board, Nai'a requires proof of the negative COVID RAT result that guests must take in order to enter Fiji. For more information see our Viti Levu travel information section.
The last dive of the trip will be at around 16:00 hrs on the second last day of the trip. Disembarkation is at 08:00 hrs. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: US$ 100 off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 75% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 8 guests and 1 extra person can join the cruise in a Standard cabin free of charge (total 9+ guests).
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Pay for 16 guests and 2 additional persons can join the cruise in a Standard cabin free of charge, plus free nitrox for the whole group!
Add-on package: If this is your only planned visit to Fiji then we strongly recommend that you consider a 2 night add-on stay at Pacific Harbour on Viti Levu, to allow you to witness the not-to-be-missed shark feed diving. This option is also convenient as it is located close to both the international gateway airports in Fiji - Nadi and Suva.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 9 Standard cabins on the Nai'a liveaboard all with private en-suite bathrooms. There are 2 double cabins each with a king bed; 2 cabins have both a king bed as well as a single bunk bed; 3 cabins have king-sized beds which can convert into 2 single beds, and 2 cabins have twin bunk beds.
All the cabins have:
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Small porthole windows
- Bathroom with unlimited hot water shower and toilet
- Hand basin and towel
- Room service and flowers
- Wardrobe, dressing table and mirror
- Reading lights
- 110 and 220 V mains outlet - US and Australian style socket prongs
No. of bathrooms / showers - 9 / 9 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- Cruise Director
- 3 Divemasters
- Captain and Chief Officer
- 2 Engineers
- Hostess and Cleaner
- 2 Deck hands
Motorised diving dinghies - Camera Room with tables - Rinse tanks - PC with CD burner - E-6 photograph slide processor - Digital camera rentals - Saloon with bar, DVD video player, Hi-Fi and marine library - Large sundeck with loungers
Dive certification courses available including PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- International cuisine - breakfast, lunch, and dinner with wine.
- Waitress service in the saloon with soup and salad.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, water, fruit, biscuits and snacks are provided free of charge.
- Wine (free of charge with dinner, otherwise charged per bottle), beer and spirits are also available.
- Lunch, dinner and snacks are also provided on the first day of the cruise.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for - please send notice of your requirements.
- The operator rates the quality of dining as "excellent" and of "high" importance.
- There is a fixed menu.
- Built in year 1979, restored in 1993, and refurbished in 2005
- Size - 36.4m x 9m
- Weight - 240 tonnes
- Top speed - 11 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 1 x 500 HP K 19 Cummins engine
- 550m² main and jib sails
- 2 x 85 KW Cummins generators
- 3 x Coltri Sub scuba tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox facility
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with international fittings
- Electricity 220 & 110 Volts - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 29,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 25,000 litres
- Watermaker - 1,500 litres per day
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x life rafts
- 2 x 60 HP 6.8m motorised dinghies
- ICOM VHF and SSB radios
- 4 x global positioning systems (GPS)
- 2 x radars
- Satellite telephone and email
- Emergency oxygen - 8,300 litres
- Full feature first aid box
- Surface marker buoys provided
- Life jackets in each cabin
- Fire extinguishers and fire detectors throughout
- 3 x emergency signalling devices
"The crew were brilliant. The agenda flexible. The company terrific. The food was excellent. A great liveaboard trip all round.
" - James Brigham
, Australia, 13 July 2010 ...