LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Visits Similans and Richelieu Rock
- Regular departures, popular with young divers with limited time
- Dive The World Gold Range product
- Cabins with shared bathrooms
- Good option for snorkellers and divers
Click on an image to enlarge
The South Siam IV serves as a mobile liveaboard dive platform stationed in the Similan and Surin national parks to which guests are transferred daily by speedboat, so you can join and leave whenever you want. No other boat offers you quite as much flexibility.
Strictly speaking, South Siam 4I is not a true liveaboard as it does not make a cruise, and new guests can join on a daily basis. However, it is a good option for low budget travellers who are short of time and do not mind a more crowded boat. The 30 metre long boat is built to handle large numbers of divers.
There is a very big shaded area for relaxing and eating meals on the upper deck, a large sundeck with sun loungers and an air-conditioned saloon with TV/DVD and music system. All cabins have sea views and individually controlled air conditioning, they are pleasantly decorated and each bed has it's own reading lamp.
Finally, if you're a snorkeller or non-diver, the trip accommodates you equally as well as the scuba divers, and excursions onto the islands' white sand beaches are provided if you'd like to do some beachcombing.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Dive experience: Divers need to be at least Advanced Diver certified, or have 50 logged dives with the most recent dive within 1 year. Otherwise, divers must hire a private guide or take the Advanced course on board.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks, hot drinks, return transfers to the boat from Phuket hotels (Kata, Karon, Patong, Kamala, Chalong only) or Khao Lak hotels (Bang Nieng, Nangthong and Khaolak center areas only), dive insurance, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (5-6 divers per divemaster), torch, tanks, weights and weight belt, all taxes.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment rental (US$ 15 per day), towel, Similan and Surin park fees at approximately USD 6 per day, with an entry fee of USD 15 per park entry. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash in THB or credit card subjected to bank fee).
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, dive computer (USD 12 per day), nitrox fills (available in 12 liters tank only) for enriched air certified divers (USD 9 per fill), private guide (USD 58 per day). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash in THB or credit card subjected to bank fee).
How to get there: The South Siam IV tour to the Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock starts with an early morning 2 hour minibus transfer (from Phuket at 6-7 am, from Khao Lak at 7:30 am) to Khao Lak. Boarding time is at 8-8:30 am, when a speed boat will take you out to the liveaboard boat (approximately a 1 hour ride).
The last dive of the trip will be at around 2:30 pm, and the speedboat transfer arrives back at the pier at 4:30 pm. The minibus transfer will return you to Phuket at 7 pm / Khao Lak at 5 pm. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
For more information see our Thailand travel information section.
Non-diver rate: approx 22% off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 85% of the published price for their own cabin.
Dive clubs and group discounts: None.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): This boat is not available for whole boat charter.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 2 double bed cabins and 6 twin bed cabins on the main deck, and 2 more double bed cabins and 4 twin bed cabins on the lower deck of South Siam IV. There are 6 communal bathrooms.
All the cabins have:
- Individual control air-conditioning
- Seaview windows
- Shared bathrooms with toilet, shower and hand basin
- Reading lights
- Mains outlet - 220V
- Dressing table
No. of bathrooms / showers - 6 / 8 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The South Siam crew comprises:
- Tour Leader
- 5 Divemasters
Motorised dinghy - Dive deck - Air-conditioned saloon with DVD video, music system, general and marine libraries - Sundeck with sun loungers and matresses
Dive certification course available including PADI Advanced Open Water.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- Thai main meal dishes and continental breakfast.
- Buffet-style service on the upper deck - choose from 2 or 3 main dishes with rice and salad.
- Breakfast is also provided on first day of the trip.
- Operator rates their dining as highly important and it is actually pretty good!
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, hot chocolate, water, fruit and biscuits are provided free of charge.
- Beer is also available for purchase.
- Most dietary requirements can be catered for on this liveaboard - please send notice of your requirements.
- There is no fixed menu.
- Built in year 2003
- Size - 30m x 6.5m
- Top speed - 11 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 engines
- 1 x dive tank compressor
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with international A-clamp fittings - DIN adapters are also available
- Electricity - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 16,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 8,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- Motorised dive dinghy
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Satellite telephone and fax
- Mobile telephone
- Oxygen cylinders - 16,000 litres
- Standard medic first aid box
- 30+ Life jackets on main deck
- 3 Fire extinguishers
- Customer diving insurance is included
- No life raft