LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Visits Sea of Cortez
- Most cabins have ensuite bathrooms
- Individual lost diver devices
- Onboard re-compression chamber
- Camera: table, PC, tanks, charging stations
- Spacious aluminum hulled liveaboard
Click on an image to enlarge
The MV Sea Escape is 110ft / 34m aluminum mono-hulled liveaboard operating whole boat diving charters around the best of Mexico's Pacific coast. This means unforgettable cruises around the Sea of Cortez in Baja California.
Accommodating up to 18 guests in 9 double or twin bed cabins, most with ensuite bathrooms, M/V Sea Escape is a comfortable and spacious Mexican liveaboard. There is a cosy and bright saloon area on the main deck with TV, DVD and music system, which lends itself to the boat's ethos of being relaxed and friendly foremost, as well as a dedicated computer station. There is a library of movies and books to help pass the time on the longer crossings.
Meals are served in the dining area of the saloon on the main deck. This is the main place to socialize and chat with fellow guests, as well on the partially covered sun deck. Here you can sunbathe on the loungers or take in the views of the islands that the MV Sea Escape visits. Individual lost diver devices and an onboard re-compression chamber (the only boat in the region to have one) are proof that you will be in good hands with the Sea Escape.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Notes: Mexico is a popular destination with limited liveaboard spaces. We recommend you book well in advance to avoid disappointment.
In the event of tour cancellation by the liveaboard operator for any reason, there will be no reimbursement so the operator states that it is mandatory for all guests to have travel insurance coverage for this event.
Dive experience: SEA OF CORTEZ. Easy OWD sites, AOWD for El Bajo and the wreck diving is preferred.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks, hot drinks, beer and wine (in moderate quantities), transfers to the boat from local hotels, dives (as detailed in the tours above), experienced English-speaking divemasters (1 guide for 12 divers), safety marker device (deposit required), standard tanks, weights and weightbelts, Mexican taxes.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Marine park and port fee (Sea of Cortez - 5 days: US$ 57, 8 days: US$ 78, scuba equipment (US$ 25 per dive day), dive and traevl insurance (to cover cancellation). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash only).
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks (spirits), nitrox fills (US$ 30 per day) for enriched air divers, large tanks (US$ 17 per dive day), torches. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there:
Sea of Cortez: Sea Escape departs at 4 pm from La Paz. Guests fly into Manuel Marquez de Leon International Airport (LAP) in La Paz. Transfers to the boat are available from 3 pm onwards. The boat returns to port at 4 pm on checkout day. The last dive is done in the morning on the last day, therefore you should stay overnight and book your departure flight for the following day. Please wait at least 24 hours before flying after diving.
For more information see our Mexico tourist information section.
Non-diver rate: 20% off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travelers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 70% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 9 guests and 1 extra person can join the cruise in a Standard cabin free of charge (total 10 or more guests).
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Pay for 16 guests and 2 additional persons can join the cruise in a Standard cabin free of charge (total 18 guests).
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
Sea Escape has 9 Standard cabins all at the same price. On the upper main deck is 1 double bed cabin. The lower main deck has 3 twin bunk bed cabins. On the lower deck there are 2 twin bunk bed cabins and 2 cabins with double bed and single bunk. There is also 1 additional cabin with double bed and single bunk on the lower deck, which has its bathroom located in the hallway. All other cabins have ensuite bathrooms.
All the cabins have:
- Air-conditioning (2 cabins have individual controls)
- Private bathroom with toilet and hot water shower, hand basin, toiletries and towels
- Main and upper deck cabins have windows
- Reading lights
- Cabinet, shelves and mirror
- 2 flat pin sockets for 110V electricity
- Bedding and luggage space
- Life jackets
- Fire warning system
No. of bathrooms / showers - 10 / 10 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 9 comprise:
- Cruise Leader/Instructor
- Head Chef
- 2 Deck Hands
Nitrox - 2 Motorized diving dinghies - 280ft² (26m²) Dive deck & 108ft² (10m²) platform with 2 ladders, hot water shower and toilet - Camera table, computer, separate rinse tank and charging stations - 215ft² (20m²) Main deck air-conditioned saloon and dining area with TV, DVD, music system, movie library, fish ID books, games - Satellite telephone - 527ft² (49m²) Partially-shaded sundeck with chairs - Water dispenser
Enriched air nitrox courses available onboard.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Hungry liveaboard divers will be well looked after on MV Sea Escape as meals consist of pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch and dinner each day, plus plenty of snacks in between. Beginning with lunch on check-in day, you can expect a range of cuisine consisting of international dishes with influences such as Mexican and Italian.
- Mexican, seafood, international and BBQ meals - 4 dishes per sitting.
- Air-conditioned dining area.
- Pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks are provided.
- Snacks include candy bars, ice cream, cookies, fruit, bread and toast.
- Coffee, tea, drinking water and soft drinks are all provided free of charge.
- Beer and wine are provided free of charge.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for - please send advanced notice.
- Tour dining service begins with lunch on boarding.
- Built in year 1980, upgraded in 2009
- Refurbished annually
- Size - 110ft x 21 ft (33.5m x 6.4m)
- Weight - 155 tonnes
- Top speed - 16 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 475 HP Detroit engines
- 3 generators - 1 x 125 KW Cummins & 2 x 30 KW Detroit
- 2 x dive tank compressors - Ingersol Rand & Bauer
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 10 & 12 liter aluminum and steel scuba tanks with DIN/yoke valves
- Electricity - 110 & 220V 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 18,900 liters
- Fresh watermaker - 6,000 liters per day
- Fuel capacity - 15,100 liters
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- Individual Lost Diver devices
- 2 x Life rafts (20 pax)
- 2 x 40/75 HP Yamaha dinghies
- VHF & SSB radios
- Garmin GPS
- Furuno radar
- Garmin fishfinder
- Garmin plotter
- Depth sounder
- Simrad autopilot
- Searchlight and horn
- ISAT satellite phone
- Oxygen - 27,000 liters
- Recompression chamber
- Medic first aid box
- Full alarm system
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Life jackets throughout
"The staff is excellent. The facilities on the liveaboard boat are sufficient, not luxurious but comfortable.
" - Mirjam Van Ankum
, Netherlands, 4 June 2014 ...