LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Visits Komodo National Park, Raja Ampat
- Maximum of 8 guests only, small dive groups
- Uses solar panels and a battery bank
- Budget-friendly option, popular with young divers
- Activities: trekking, kayaking, beach BBQs
- Communal bathrooms
Click on an image to enlarge
Note: Kira Kira operations are temporarily suspended. Its sister ship Akomo Isseki is operating as normal.
KLM Kira Kira is a 22m wooden phinisi schooner liveaboard constructed in 2014 from tropical hardwoods. Kira Kira is comfortable and environmentally friendly. The 8 guests
will appreciate the electrical systems (via solar panels and a battery bank) which reduce emissions and operational noise while touring some of the best dive sites Indonesia has to offer.
This European owned and managed Indonesian liveaboard is a smaller, budget friendly option for diving trips to Komodo and Raja Ampat. There are open air social areas allowing you to get to know your fellow cruise members. The design is also perfect for families or groups of friends sharing diving holidays. Entertainment onboard includes a music system, DVD player and projector. The main focus is on the stunning natural surroundings during your diving cruise. There are lots of activities to keep you busy including trekking, kayaking and beach BBQs. You do not leave the 21st century completely behind, a charging station is provided for your personal devices and camera equipment and a laptop is available for your use should you choose to travel light.
You can wake up to magnificent views of Komodo National Park or Raja Ampat from your bed in the double bed cabin on the upper deck. If twin bed accommodation is preferred, there are 3 cabins on the lower deck with traditional portholes and fans for ventilation. Your towels and bedding will be changed if requested.
The homey feel of the liveaboard extends to the hearty meals that are prepared to fuel you for your diving adventures. A variety of food is served during these Indonesian diving trips including favourites such as spaghetti bolognese, homemade breads, burgers and BBQs.
Small dive groups continue the intimate theme you can expect on this liveaboard. The 8 multi lingual crew will ensure you receive personal attention both above and below the waves.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Notes: Kira Kira operations are temporarily suspended. Its sister ship Akomo Isseki is operating as normal.
Dive experience: Kira Kira require a minimum of open water with deep diver speciality. All guests have to be able to dive to 30m. They are not too concerned about amount of dives.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, hot drinks, land tours, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (max 4 divers to 1 divemaster), tanks, weights and weightbelts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Sorong airport or hotel to Waisai ferry transfers for Raja Ampat trips, scuba equipment (US$ 28 full set per day), Komodo National Park fees (US$ 105 per person per trip), Raja Ampat Park fees (US$ 175 per person per trip). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (IDR cash only).
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, torches, dive insurance.
How to get there: Komodo: Kira Kira's liveaboard trips depart from Labuan Bajo. The meeting point is Bajo Bay Fishermans Club and Restaurant (Top floor) between 10-11:00 am.
Raja Ampat:: These cruises depart at lunchtime from Waisai harbour in West Papua. For departures from Waisai, the meeting point is Waisai harbour at 11:00 hrs. Guests are advised to arrive in Sorong no later than 08:00 hrs in time to take the 09:00 ferry, which arrives Waisai at 11:00 hrs. Ferry departures times are 09:00 hrs from Sorong and 14:00 hrs from Waisai. You can fly directly to Sorong from Jakarta, Ujung Pandang (Makassar) and Manado. From Bali there are convenient connections via Ujung Pandang (Makassar) and Manado. We will help you arrange return domestic flights between Bali or Jakarta and Sorong. Guests often take the 14:00 hrs ferry from Waisai back to Sorong and overnight there before flying out next morning.
Ambon: Fly direct to Ambon from Jakarta (or from Sorong or Surabaya).
The last dive on all of these charters will be at around 16:00 hrs on the second last day of the cruise. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving. For more information see our travel information section.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 100% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Contact us.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): US$ 1,397.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
Kira Kira has 4 Standard cabins which share 2 bathrooms. There is 1 double bed cabin on the upper deck with windows offering panoramic views and 3 twin bed cabins on the lower deck with portholes for natural ventilation.
All the cabins have:
- Windows or portholes
- Reading lights
- Cabinet, shelves and space for luggage
- Shared bathrooms with toilet, shower, hand basin and towels
- Mains outlet 240 volts, twin round pin socket - 24 hours per day
- Fire extinguishers in the lower deck cabins
No. of bathrooms / showers - 2 / 2
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The 8 crew comprise:
- Cruise Leader
- 2 Deck hands
Motorised dive dinghy - Shaded open air dining area with TV, DVD player, music system and computer - Fish ID & general books, diving magazines - Sundeck with hammocks and chairs - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Meals are taken on the open air shaded deck with panoramic passing scenery. During inclement weather the canvas sides are closed to offer protection. Meals are buffet style and include a variety of Indonesian and Western dishes and beach BBQs.
- Indonesian, Thai, Japanese, Italian, international and BBQ main dishes.
- You can select from 5 dishes per sitting
- Meals served buffet style in the open-air social area.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
- Coffee, tea, fruit juice, biscuits, toast and drinking water are all free of charge.
- Soft drinks and beer are available for purchase.
- All diets can be catered for - please send us your requirements.
- The liveaboard trip dining service begins with lunch and ends with breakfast.
- Built in year 2014, refurbished annually
- Size - 22m x 5m
- Top speed - 8 knots
- Cruising speed - 7 knots
- 190 HP Mitsubishi 6D-16 engine
- 2 x AVR gensets, solar panels and battery banks
- 2 x Coltri Sub MCH 13 dive tank compressors
- 22 x 11 litre aluminium tanks with DIN & yoke fittings, adaptors are available
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 2,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 2,260 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- Life rafts (16 pax)
- 40 HP Yamaha 6.2m dive dinghy
- ICOM M304 VHF & M34 radios
- Garmin GPSMAP 585 global positioning system (GPS)
- Garmin 350C fishfinder
- Samyung Sep 500 emergency signal device
- Garmin GPSMAP 585 plotter
- Inmarsat satellite phone
- Samsung mobile phone
- Medic first aid box
- Oxygen - 3,600 litres
- 8 x Fire extinguishers throughout
- 16 x Life jackets in the main corridor