LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Cruises Komodo, Raja Ampat, Banda, Flores
- Ensuite cabins with own lounge area & TV
- Dedicated camera room with computer
- Free use of Nautilus LifeLine
- Free glass of wine or 1 beer with dinner
- Kayaks and paddle boards for guest use
Click on an image to enlarge
THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE. DIVE THE WORLD NO LONGER SELLS THIS PRODUCT.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATIVES
WAOW, which means 'Water Adventure Ocean Wide' is a traditionally-built iron wood sailing vessel. At 58m in length
she oozes luxury, style and quality and is ideal if you are looking for exclusivity and a touch of class on your Indonesian diving cruise.
This brand new 3-masted boat can accommodate up to 25 divers in en-suite cabins
for dream liveaboard cruises around the Indonesia archipelago including Komodo, Alor, and Raja Ampat. All the cabins are generous in size and come equipped with their own lounge area and entertainment system
There are several communal areas for relaxing between dives including a restaurant and bar, lounge with TV and music facilities, free Wi-Fi internet (email and WhatsApp)
facilities, and dedicated camera room
with computer system. There are also 2 sun decks equipped with loungers and 2 shaded seating areas for sunbathing, relaxing with a cool drink and taking in the breathtaking scenery.
MSY WAOW has been designed especially for scuba divers and is therefore equipped with the latest equipment and facilities for ease of diving. The dive deck is designed for space and comfort and the 3 speed boats are used to accessing the sites and ensure that guests dive in small groups only.
This Komodo liveaboard has state of the art safety equipment to be able to visit the most remote and mystical areas of the Indonesian archipelago on extended expeditions. Every customer is equipped with a Nautilus LifeLine
which is a system for the locating of divers in the event they are separated from the chase boat. It has a radio, GPS and MMSI number programmed into the device.
The enthusiastic, friendly tour leaders and guides have years of experience but still remain passionate about scuba diving. WAOW is a great choice for an exclusive, extra special cruise with high-quality, luxury facilities and top-class service.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks, hot drinks, 1 glass of wine with dinner, WAOW drinking bottle or dry bag, land tours, transfers to the boat from the airport, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (5 divers per DM), tanks, weights and weightbelts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 20 per day), diving computer, dive insurance, port and park fees (Komodo approx. US$ 12 per day, Raja Ampat approx. US$ 18 per day), possible fuel surcharge. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or from your PayPal account).
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (US$ 12 per day), torches, max speed internet access (US$20 per day). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: Komodo: Waow liveaboard safaris depart at midday from Bali, Bima, Labuan Bajo or Maumere. There is a minibus transfer service from the airport to the boat.
Raja Ampat: Waow's dive tours depart at 4 pm from Sorong in West Papua. You can fly directly to Sorong from Jakarta, Ujung Pandang (Makassar) and Manado. From Bali there are convenient connections via Ujung Pandang (Makassar) and Manado. There is a transfer service from the local airport or your hotel to and from the boat.
For more information see our travel information section. For trips using other departure ports we will assist you with information on how to get there. The last dive of the trip will be at around 12:00 noon on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 60% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 9 guests and 1 extra person can join the cruise in a Deluxe cabin free of charge (total 10 guests). Pay for 18 guests and 2 additional persons can join the cruise in a Deluxe cabin free of charge (total 20 guests).
Whole boat charter rate (per night): 2017 - US$ .
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
The beautifully furnished air-conditioned cabins are spacious and have their own lounge area. (The couch is large enough to double as a single bed if required.) There are: 6 Deluxe cabins on the lower deck, 1 Deluxe cabin and 2 Superior cabins on the main deck. Superior cabins have both a double and single bed and share a semi-private sundeck. The Master suite on the upper deck has a king size bed plus a single bed and its own private sundeck.
All the cabins have private en-suite bathrooms, and in-room entertainment with over 600 movies to choose from and 200 GB of music. Cabins on the upper and main decks have seaview windows, whereas the cabins on the lower deck have portholes.
All the cabins have:
- Individual control air conditioning
- Large sea-view windows or portholes
- Bathroom with hot water shower, separate toilet, hand basin, toiletries and hairdryer
- TV with entertainment system
- Small fridge
- Safety deposit box
- Reading lights
- Wardrobe with towels, bathrobe and slippers
- Cabinet and mirror
- Desk and chair
- Mains outlet 220 & 12 Volts - round twin plug and adapters available
- Bedding and space for luggage
- Fire warning system
No. of bathrooms / showers - 17 / 17 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 23 comprises:
- 2 Cruise Leaders
- 1 Instructor, 3 Divemasters
- 1 Captain
- 2 Officers
- 2 Chefs
- 2 Stewardesses
- 2 Engineers
- 6 Deck hands
2 x 150 HP fibreglass dive tenders - 100 HP RIB dinghy - Spare 150hp Yamaha engine- Nitrox system - 40m² dive deck with 3 fresh hot water showers & toilet - Camera room with charging stations, table and rinse tank - 30m² air-conditioned saloon with TV, video and music system- 30m² dedicated restaurant with bar - Computer and free Wi-Fi internet - 2 Kayaks - 2 Paddle boards - book library, diving books and magazines - 125m² shaded area - 75m² Sundecks with sun loungers - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
MSY WAOW's Swiss-French owners put great emphasis on providing liveaboard guests with a sumptuous, tasty menu. High-quality restaurant standard dishes are served and you can look forward to both European and local specialities. The 2 onboard chefs use a variety of fresh ingredients and all diets can be catered for. On private charters you can even have your own French chef on board!
- Indonesian and international main meal dishes.
- Pre-breakfast and breakfast and are served buffet-style, however eggs are cooked to order
- Lunch and dinner are set menu and comprise of 3 courses.
- Snacks such as cakes, biscuits, toast and fruit are available all day.
- Coffee, tea, water, soft drinks, fruit shakes and 1 glass of wine or 1 beer with dinner, are provided free of charge.
- Beer, more wine, spirits and cocktails are also available for purchase.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for - please send us prior notice.
- Operator rates food as restaurant quality.
Menu samples: ceviche starter, lasagne entree and profiteroles, deck BBQ, mango and papaya salad, breaded chicken breast with grilled vegetables and chocolate mousse...
- Built in year 2012
- Size - 58m x 11m
- Weight - 800 tonnes
- Top speed - 10 knots
- Cruising speed - 8 knots
- 2 x 500 HP Yanmar engines
- 3 generators - 1 x 180, 1 x 100 & 1 x 60 KW
- 2 Bauer dive tank compressors
- EANx nitrox filling station
- 54 X 12 litre aluminium tanks & 5 x 15 litre tanks with DIN and international fittings
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 12,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 32,000 litres
- Fresh watermakers - 2 x 2,500 l/day
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 life rafts (max. 50 passengers)
- 3 x 100 -150 HP motorised tenders
- Nautilus LifeLine diver locating system
- HF & VHF radios
- Garmin Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Furuno Radar
- Furuno Depth sounder
- Furuno Fishfinder
- MaxSea Plotter
- 2 x CCTV in engine room
- Bilge pump alarm
- Satellite & mobile telephones
- Weather fax
- Electronic blood pressure monitor
- Medic first aid box
- Emergency oxygen - 25,000 litres
- 50 x life jackets in main deck muster station and in each cabin
- Fire alarm system
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Rechargable, portable safety lights in each cabin