LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Visits Maldives central atolls and Felidhoo
- All ensuite cabins with minibars
- More than 20 years in the diving industry
- Dedicated restaurant with bar
- Cameras: racks, rinse tank, table, laptop, projector
- Photography professional on board
Click on an image to enlarge
MY Manthiri is a long-established and trusted name on the Maldive Islands liveaboard scene. Although not the largest boat operating in the atoll chain, a 7.6m beam makes the boat stable and allows for spacious en-suite cabins, teak-panelled saloon with onboard Wi-Fi internet, and dive deck.
Conducting Maldives diving safaris around the best dive sites of the atolls, the Manthiri feels like a much larger boat than it is. The dhoni houses the compressors and the nitrox system, as well as all of the dive gear. The maximum of 12 guests onboard are attended to by 11 crew so high service levels can be added to the spacious feel, meaning a comfortable and uncramped experience on board.
You will appreciate the warm towel that is placed around your shoulders shortly after each dive, a welcome touch for guests on these safaris.
Photographers can benefit, not only from the camera racks, tank, table, laptop, CD burner and projector, but also from the assistance of the photo professional on board.
So if your idea of a great Maldives liveaboard safari is to be looked after by experienced, friendly staff on a spacious and comfortable boat without too many divers, then MY Manthiri is definitely worth considering.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Dive experience: At least 50 logged dives is required for the Maldives liveaboard cruises.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, bottled drinking water, hot drinks, juice, return transfers to the boat from Male Airport, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (6 divers per guide), tanks, weights and weight belts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): 12% GST on cruise price payable in advance, full set scuba equipment (US$ 482 per trip, includes BDC, regulator, wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins), weights (US$ 50 per trip), Green Tax (US$ 6 per person per night) to be paid in advance. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (US$ 23 per day), torch (US$ 50 per trip), dive computer (US$ 50 per trip), and diving insurance. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The M/Y Manthiri liveaboard departs from Male City. Boarding starts at 9 am. The last night of the cruise the boat is moored in the Male harbour. Disembarkation is at 8 am. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives section.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 50% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: See whole boat charter price below-
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Pay for 10 guests and 2 additional persons can join the cruise in a cabin free of charge (total 12 guests).
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
Manthiri has 6 cabins on the lower deck with private en-suite bathrooms - 4 Twin bed cabins and 2 Double bed cabins. The cabins are serviced daily.
All the cabins have:
- Air-conditioning and fans
- Private bathroom with hot water shower
- Hand basin, hairdryer and toiletries
- Bedding and towels
- Cabinet, shelves and mirror
- Minibar and fridge
- Reading lights
- 2 flat-prong and 3 square-prong mains outlet 110-220 volts - 24 hours per day
- Adaptors are available
- Fire extinguishers and life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 7 / 7 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew comprises:
- 2 Cruise Leaders
- 2 Divemasters
- 2 Captains
- 2 Mechanics
- 3 General deck hands
2 x 6 metre motorised dinghies - Camera table, with air-stream facility and separate rinse tank - Dive platform and kit up area - Upper deck air-conditioned saloon with plasma TV, video player and music system - Main deck air conditioned restaurant with bar - Sundecks with mattresses and Cocktail deck with jacuzzi
Diving is conducted from the 2 attendant dive tenders. The experience of the designers has been put to great use on the dive deck, with excellent use of space, and the facilities afforded to the guests onboard Monsoon are second to none.
Manthiri has advanced/technical diver facilities with full gas blending onboard, including a Haskel pump for boosting pressure. Enriched air nitrox, O2 and trimix are all available; and for those with rebreathers there are cylinders required for inspiration units as well as pony bottles.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
As with many of the crew members on MY Manthiri, the chefs have over a decade of experience on board, serving a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine to their international clientele. Dishes include fresh seafood, pasta, rice dishes, aromatic Sri Lankan specialties and international favourites. Some dishes worthy of mention are beef pie, sweet and sour fish and vegetable pakora.
Unlike other Maldive Islands liveaboards, meals are served by a waiter rather than buffet style, in keeping with the strong emphasis the Manthiri places on service.
- International and local cuisine are served, as well as a popular BBQ.
- Main meals consist of pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch & dinner, with snacks in between.
- A waiter serves your meals.
- Snacks include biscuits, ice cream, bread & toast and fruit.
- Tea, coffee and drinking water are available at any time and are free of charge.
- Soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks are available for purchase on board.
- All diets, including vegetarian and halaal, can be catered for with prior notice.
- Guests are presented with a welcome drink and dining begins with a light brunch on the first day of the safari.
- Built in 1995. restored 2003
- Refurbished 2010
- Size - 26m x 7.6m
- Weight - 85 tonnes
- Top speed - 11 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 400 HP Cummins engine
- 2 x 45 KVa G&M generators
- 2 x L&W scuba tank compressors
- 12 litre aluminium dive tanks with DIN and International fittings
- 14 litre tanks available on request
- Enriched air nitrox system
- Electricity 110-220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 2,000 litres
- Fresh water makers - 6,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 4,400 litres
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 25 passenger life raft
- 16.5m 78 HP Yanmar dive dhoni
- 30 HP Johnson fibreglass tender
- VHF & SSB radios
- Navman GPS and plotter
- No radar
- Vetus depth sounder
- Bilge pump alarm
- Mobile telephone, fax and email
- Searchlight and horn
- MFA box and trained staff
- Fire alarm and fire extinguishers throughout
- 2,000 litres continuous flow oxygen
"An excellent trip with a wonderful staff and crew. We were spoiled by the ability to get out of the water and strip off our wet suits and then sit back and relax. They took care of washing out our equipment and hanging it to dry!
" - Allison Tater
, UK, 11 January 2012 ...