LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Cruises Maldives central and southern atolls
- Maximum of 12 guests only
- All cabins with private bathrooms, TV and DVD
- Spa service with massage and skin treatments
- Steel hulled boat
Click on an image to enlarge
The MV Ocean Divine, previously known as the Ocean Dancer, is a luxury steel hulled boat that provides an outstanding 5-star service, unforgettable meals and, most important, amazing Maldives liveaboard diving trips. Comfort and service quality are key components of what makes their cruises special.
Sleeping 14 divers, the boat is beautifully appointed with a huge air-conditioned saloon, where there is plenty of lounging space as well as all the entertainment facilities you could wish for, including large plasma TV, DVD player, music system, Wi-Fi internet facilities, books and games.
The liveaboard cabins are of a similarly high standard, all featuring 1 double bed and 1 single bed, telephones and high-spec ensuite bathrooms. Each cabin also has the added luxury of a flat screen TV and DVD player for your in-room entertainment.
There is a 16 metre dive boat which accompanies the Ocean Divine, and which can whisk you to the Maldives dive sites in next to no time. All diving takes place from this accompanying boat, complete with its own compressors and nitrox system, so the dive deck on the Ocean Divine has been converted to a partially shared relaxation area, providing even more space for its guests.
As if the space and comfort of the boat was not enough, the Ocean Divine also has a spa service which provides a range of massage services and skin treatments during trips.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Dive experience: Only open water diver license required.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, tea, drinking water, soft drinks, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English speaking divemasters (6 divers per guide), tanks, weights and weight belts, 12% GST on cruise price.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment approx US$ 210 (only BCDs, regulators, diving computers and torches are available for rent), dive insurance, Green Tax (USD 6 per person per night). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or credit card).
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers US$ 10 per fill, internet access (US$ 50 per person for 7 night trip, US$ 70 per person for 10 night trip). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: Ocean Divine's liveaboard trips depart from Male. You will be met at the greeted at the airport at 17:00 hrs for boarding at 17:30 hrs. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives section. The last dive of the trip will be at around 11:00 hrs on the second last day of the trip, then the yacht will return to Male by late afternoon. Disembarkation is at 08:00 hrs. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 60% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: None.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): US$ 5 309.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 6 Deluxe and 2 Master staterooms on the lower deck. The Deluxe staterooms have a single bed and a double bed side-by-side. The Master staterooms have a lower double bed and an upper single bed. All staterooms are en-suite (have private bathrooms) and can be used for double or twin occupancy.
All the staterooms have:
- Private bathroom with hot water shower
- Hand basin, toiletries, towels and bathrobes
- TV and DVD player
- Double and single beds
- Reading lights
- 3 square-prong mains outlet 220 volts - 24 hours per day
- Cabinet and mirror
- Fire extinguishers
No. of bathrooms / showers - 8 / 8 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew comprises:
- Cruise Leader
- 2 Cooks
- 2 Engineers
Enriched air nitrox - Air-conditioned saloon and dining area with video and wi-fi internet - Shaded open-air area - Sun deck
All of the dives are made from a fully equipped 16 metre dive tender so there is no need to shift scuba gear back and forth to the main boat. The Dhoni
tender is equipped with a camera table, rinse tank, wet suit dryer, and tea & coffee facilities.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Food is given a high priority on the Ocean Divine liveaboard. Breakfast is served to order. Lunch is served buffet style, and dinner is a fine plated affair.
In addition to the meals there are mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks to make sure you never go hungry. A midweek BBQ ashore is always possible if the weather permits.
- Maldivian and International cuisine, with weekly island BBQ.
- Main meals are enjoyed in the air-conditioned dining area and consist of a pre-breakfast, breakfast cooked to order, a buffet lunch and plated dinner, with snacks in between.
- Beer and wine are served as complimentary with meals.
- Snacks, bread/toast, fresh fruit, drinking water, and tea & coffee are available free of charge.
- Soft drinks, additional beer, wine and spirits are available for purchase.
- First meal served is ldinner on the first day of the trip.
- All special diets can be catered for with prior notice.
- Built in year 2005
- Size - 33m x 10m
- Weight - 200 tonnes
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 480 HP Cummins engine
- 2 x 35 KVa Onan generators
- 3 x Bauer Mariner dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox facilities
- 11 litre aluminium scuba tanks
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 8,000 litres
- Fresh water maker - 10,000 litres/day
- Fuel capacity - 7,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 16m 85 HP dive tender
- 2 x 15 HP motorised dinghies
- VHF & SSB radios
- 2 global positioning systems
- Furuno 26 mile radar
- Depth sounder
- Satellite and mobile telephones
- First aid box
- Cmap chart plotter
- Emergency oxygen - 13,000 litres
- Fire extinguishers & life jackets throughout
"The boat was fantastic with great facilities. The equipment was good. We used our own so I can't comment on the rental equipment. However, the dive boat was very nice and spacious. The staff was extremely helpful and always seemed to be right there when I needed help.
" - Stephanie Sperling
, USA, 9 March 2011...