LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Cruises Maldives central atolls and Vaavu
- All cabins with private bathrooms
- Combines diving with spa treatments/packages
- Sundeck with hot tub
Click on an image to enlarge
Scubaspa Yang, along with its sister ship Scubaspa Ying, provides an experience in the Maldives like no other. You can combine all the convenience and diving benefits of a liveaboard with a range of soothing spa treatments normally reserved for deluxe resorts. What better combination for couples than combining scuba diving with luxurious spa treatments? Why get stuck on a resort when there is something for both of you on this luxury tour?
The glorious sight of the 50 m long Scubaspa Yang gliding over the calm Maldivian waters draws gasps of admiration from onlookers. This is a beautiful liveaboard with touches of luxury and style everywhere you turn. Although there is capacity for up to 40 guests there is a maximum of 26 divers on board at any time which means smaller dive groups and a low diver-to-guide ratio.
The middle and lower deck house a range of double or twin cabins all of which have a least a King size bed. On the upper deck are the gorgeous suites with large picture windows so you can drink in the ever-changing atoll views. Most guests choose to spend their relaxation time in the open-air saloon and bar area, or on one of the 2 sundecks which include a hot tub and a Thai pavilion for private romantic meals for 2 in the evening and spa therapies during the day. There are also dedicated spa facilities on the middle deck where you can have all those diving aches and pains soothed away. Among the 29 staff are 6 trained therapists providing a range of massages, Ayurveda and beauty treatments and aqua therapies.
Saturday to Saturday liveaboard tours are all in the central atolls of the Maldives and alternate week-by-week between northern (North Male, Rasdhoo, Ari atolls) and southern (South Male and Vaavu atolls) routes. So you can stay 2 weeks and each day is something new! You can choose between a diving cruise package, a spa package and a scuba-spa combi package, all for the same price.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Extra terms and conditions for new bookings during the COVID reality:
Offer expires: 31 Dec 2021
- The Maldives’s tourism ministry has finalized the guidelines on reopening the borders to international tourism from 15th July 2020.
- Tourists can enter Maldives without testing for COVID-19 nor quarantine periods. No entry Visa fee is due. Tourists will only have to complete a health declaration form.
- Thirty-day free on-arrival visa will be issued to all tourists with a confirmed booking for a stay at any registered tourist facility in the Maldives.
- The entire holiday has to be booked at a single facility, either resort or liveaboard.
- All visitors to the Maldives’ are encouraged to install the contact tracing application ‘Trace Ekee’ upon or before arrival into the country.
- 5% Early Bird Offer when you book a low season cruise at least 2 months in advance.
Notes: Course and Cruise: Special dive course prices are available for those joining Scubaspa Yang's liveaboard tours. Courses include: Discover Scuba Diving, Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air Nitrox and specialty courses. For further details and a full list of what the price includes and excludes visit our blog: Scubaspa on board course specials.
Dive experience: Open water for all liveaboard cruises; except southern tours - 50 logged dives and advanced certification.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinking water, selection of specialty teas and coffees available free every morning until the end of breakfast, island excursions, yoga classes every morning (depending on availability), return boat-airport transfers, package (7 nights ['Dive package' = 15-17 dives or 'Scuba & spa package' = 6 dives and 4 spa treatments or 'Spa package' = 8 spa treatments], or 4 nights ['Dive package' = 8-9 dives or 'Scuba and spa package' = 4 dives and 2 spa treatments or 'Spa package' = 4 spa treatments]), snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (5 divers per guide), tanks, weights and weightbelts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): 12% GST on cruise price payable in advance, scuba equipment approx. USD 180 per week (BCD, regulators, wetsuit), dive insurance, Green Tax (USD 6 per person per night) payable in advance, . All items purchased on board are subjected to 10% service charge. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or credit card). Christmas and New Year cruises are subject to 25% extra supplement.
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, hot drinks, snacks, mini-bar, dive computer, torches, domestic flights (USD 200 per person one way), nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (US$ 100 per week). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The Scubaspa Yang liveaboard departs from Male. The first night of the cruise is spent at anchor at Bandos Island Resort (North route) or Lagoona Beach resort (South route). 4 night cruises disembark in Maamagili (Ari Atoll). The boat operator can arrange flights back to Male City if required. For more information see our How to get to the Maldives section. The final dive of the tour will be at around 13:00 hrs on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: There is no discount since they can take the spa package of 2 treatments per day.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is mandatory - single travellers must pay a supplement of 25-50% of the published price. Please ask us for details.
Dive clubs and group discounts: The 3rd person in a 3-share cabin receives 25% off the published price.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): You can charter the whole boat with as few as 16 guests. Prices start at US$ 35,995 +12%GST.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
On the lower deck there are 10 standard Sea Star cabins and 1 Cowrie suite. The middle deck has 3 Dolphin suites and 5 Manta suites. All cabins have double beds except the Manta Suites which can be twin or double. All cabins have en-suite (private) bathroom facilities and a main bed which is at least king size. The Sea Star cabins and Cowrie suite can be 3 share.
The cabins on the lower deck all have portholes, while those on the middle deck have large panoramic windows. The Manta suites are the largest on the boat.
All the cabins have:
- Individual control air-conditioning
- Bathroom with toilet and built-in hot water shower cubicle
- Hand basin, toiletries and towels
- Windows or portholes
- Safety box
- Reading lights
- Bedside cabinet, shelves and mirror
- Minibar (excludes Sea Star cabins)
- Fire warning system
- UK-style 3 pin 220V electricity, adaptor in cabin
- Bedding and luggage space
- Fire warning system, extinguishers in corridors
No. of bathrooms / showers - 24 / 25 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 29 comprises:
- Cruise Leader
- 4 Dive instructor/Divemasters
- 6 Spa therapists
- 2 Captains
- 3 Cooks
- 3 Waiters
- 3 Maids
- 3 Deck hands
- 3 dhoni crew
The onboard spa houses 6 treatment rooms and a secluded deck for open air Thai massages. 6 professional spa therapists will offer a variety of massages, aqua therapies, Ayurveda and beauty treatments. All treatment rooms give you a beautiful view of the Indian ocean and Maldives atolls.
Enriched air nitrox - Motorised dive dinghy - Dive platform and kit up area - Dining area with bar, TV, video player, music system, computer, CD burner and internet - Movie library, books and magazines, fish ID books and card games - open air saloon with bar - 2 Sundecks shaded areas with sun chairs, Jacuzzi and sundeck spa area - 6 spa treatment rooms.
Diving is conducted from the 19m dhoni tender. The dhoni is equipped with a toilet and shower as well as ladders and rinse tanks. The dhoni also houses the compressors so the main boat remains quiet even when tanks are being filled.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
As you might expect of a luxury holiday cruise with spa treatments and top quality diving in the Maldives, the 'fine dining' experience is a high priority onboard Scubaspa Yang. The varied menu includes influences from cuisines such as Maldivian, Sri Lankan, Thai, Chinese, Italian and Japanese, as well as international dishes, and each week features an island barbecue.
3 times a day you can enjoy a fine dining experience complimented by finger food service and mini-bar snacks. You can even arrange private waiter service for romantic meals in secluded areas of the boat. Specialty coffees and an extensive wine cellar including port, dessert wines, and the best vintages of Old and New World wines add to the deluxe nature of the Scubaspa Yang liveaboard experience.
- Air-conditioned restaurant and open-air dining areas with private waiter service.
- 3 main dishes per sitting, buffet with waiter service.
- Coffee, tea and drinking water and fruit are provided free of charge.
- Soft drinks, fruit juices, milk shakes, mineral water and beer are available for purchase and there is a large cocktail and wine list.
- Minibar snacks and drinks are available in cabins (except Sea Star cabins)
- The dining service normally begins with afternoon snacks; breakfast is served on the final morning of the tour.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for with advanced notice.
Sample dishes: Chinese style Chicken Chow Mein, Sashimi made in Polynesian Style, Sushi Maki, California Maki, Surf & Turf - prime fillet of beef accompanied by fresh shrimps ...
- Built in 2013
- Size - 50m x 11m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 570 HP Caterpillar engines
- 2 x 86 KW generators
- 2 x Bauer dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox membrane system
- 30 x 12 l aluminium tanks with International adaptors
- Electricity 220V - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 22,540 litres
- Freshwater maker - 3,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 19,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 1 dhoni dive tender
- Motorised dinghy
- Raymarine VHF radio
- Garmin GPS
- No radar
- Garmin sounder
- Mobile phones
- Bilge pump alarm
- Search light & horn
- Life raft (capacity 70 people)
- Life jackets throughout
- Fire detectors & extinguishers throughout
- Emergency oxygen - quantity unknown
- Medic first aid box
"Liveaboard. Incredible luxury vessel. Good equipment and nice diving staff. They should insist more on the environmental message to divers in general and in particular educate fresh/new divers (even if they hold a certificate) to hone their skills, mainly photographers who don't care too much about what they touch with their fins.
" - Melinda Gomez
, USA, 22 July 2015 ...