Click on an image to enlarge
THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE. DIVE THE WORLD NO LONGER SELLS THIS PRODUCT.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATIVES
The internationally renowned Aggressor fleet has recognised the position of the Maldive Islands as a world-class destination with the construction of the Maldives Aggressor, a recent addition to the scene. A Maldives diving cruise on board this sleek 35 metre steel hull
motor yacht will mean not just excellent underwater experiences, but also the high level of service and professionalism that the Aggressor name embodies.
Construction was completed in 2009 so you can expect no signs of wear and tear on this sleek vessel which consists of 10 en-suite staterooms
, which are either twin or double share. Unusually for an Aggressor liveaboard, this Maldives vessel can also go under sail so it combines the practicality of an Aggressor-style dive liveaboard with the sailing tradition of the archipelago. All diving is done from a traditional-style dhoni
, meaning noise and equipment is kept off the mother ship.
Maldives diving cruises run from Sunday to Sunday and will, depending on prevailing conditions, take in the best of Ari Atoll, North and South Male atolls and Felidhoo Atoll. As is normal with the Aggressor fleet, guests return on the Saturday afternoon to dine on dry land before spending the final night on board.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Extra terms and conditions for new bookings during the COVID reality:
Offer expires: 30 Dec 2020
- The Maldives’s tourism ministry has finalized the guidelines on reopening the borders to international tourism from 15th July 2020.
- Tourists can enter Maldives without testing for COVID-19 nor quarantine periods. No entry Visa fee is due. Tourists will only have to complete a health declaration form.
- Thirty-day free on-arrival visa will be issued to all tourists with a confirmed booking for a stay at any registered tourist facility in the Maldives.
- The entire holiday has to be booked at a single facility, either resort or liveaboard.
- All visitors to the Maldives’ are encouraged to install the contact tracing application ‘Trace Ekee’ upon or before arrival into the country.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, soft drinks, hot drinks, local wine and beer, return transfers to the boat from Male Airport, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weightbelts, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s).
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment US$ 175 per week, restaurant meal on final evening, Port fees (US$ 290 for 7 nights) are payable on board at the end of your trip, GST on all items and services purchased on board. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or credit card).
Optional extras: Nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (if available) (approx US$ 7 per fill), dive computer, diving insurance, torches. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: Maldives Aggressor diving tours depart from Male City. The last night of the cruise the boat is moored in Male harbour. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives section. The last dive of the trip will be at around 12:00 noon on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: US$ 200 off the full published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 65% of the normal published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 9 guests and 1 additional diver can join the cruise in a Standard cabin free of charge (total 10 guests). See full boat charter price below, equivalent to pay for 18 guests and 2 additional divers can join the cruise in a Standard cabin free of charge (total 20 guests).
Whole boat charter rate (per night): US$ 7,986.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 10 air-conditioned staterooms with private en-suite facilities located on the lower deck. 8 are Deluxe cabins (twin or double) and 2 are Standard twin share.
All the cabins have:
- Portholes for natural light
- TV, DVD player & music
- Hot-water shower & hand basin
- Towels, bath robe & toiletries
- Reading lamp
- Cabinet, mirror & shelves
- Electricity supply
- Life jackets
- Fire extinghuisher
No. of bathrooms / showers - 11 /11 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The 10 crew comprises:
- Cruise Leader
- Dive Instructor
- 2 x Deck Hands
Enriched air nitrox - Fresh, hot-water shower on the dive deck - Separate rinse tank for cameras - Camera table - Air-conditioned saloon - Open-air dining area on the main deck - Sun deck with sun chairs - TV, DVD & music system - Computer station with CD burner - Photo / video editing - Satellite phone - Cellphone - Fax - Movie library - Games, books & magazines - Fish ID & diving books - 24-hours electricity - Water dispenser - Well-stocked bar
Most of the dives on these cruises are made from a 12 metre tender so there is no need to transfer your scuba gear back and forth to the main boat. The Dhoni
dive tender has 3 crew and 2 divemasters. Tanks are filled by a hose as the compressor is located on the main boat.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- Thai food, international, Chinese, local specialities, Italian, Japanese and BBQs all feature on the varied menu;
- Meals are served buffet style from a fixed menu in either the open-air dining area on the main deck, or the air-conditioned saloon.
- Watress service is available;
- Meals include pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between;
- Snacks feature biscuits, candy bars, ice cream and bread/toast & cereals in the mornings;
- Fruit juice, tea & coffee, soft drinks and water are all available to quench your thirst;
- Beer & wine during meals are included;
- Vegetarians, Halaal and other special diets can be catered for with advance notice;
- First meal onboard the Maldives Aggressor is dinner on cruise check-in day.
- Built in year 2009
- Size - 35m x 8m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 440 HP Man engines
- 2 x 75 KW generators
- 2 x dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox membrane system
- 12 litre aluminium scuba tanks with yoke valves
- Electricity - 220 volts 24 hours/day
- Water capacity - 9,460 litres
- Fresh water maker - 9,840 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 15,140 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- Built to RINA-SOLAS international safety standards
- Life raft
- 17m motorised tender
- 2 VHF & SSB radios
- Global positioning system with electronic charting
- 48 mile radar
- Depth sounder
- CCTV engine room
- Satellite telephone with email
- Fire alarm / bilge pump alarm
- Life jackets throughout
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- MFA Box and trained staff
- Continuous flow / demand valve oxygen - 1,280 litres on-board at all the time. Plus 640 litres on dive tender.
- Customers must bring their own inflatable SMBs
"The boat was beautiful and the staff was excellent-they were friendly, knowledgeable, safety conscious, and went out of their way to meet everyone's needs. I rented a BCD and regulators and they were in good condition. A fantastic trip all around!
" - Robin Waxman
, USA, 1 March 2015 ...
"Excellent boat and facilities. Captain, Chef, serving and cleaning staff - EXCELLENT. Dhoni crew - EXCELLENT. Dive Master lead - due to a cold we did not see the lead dive master very often so hard to rate him. Dive Masters - Very Good.
" - Robert Samels
, Canada, 12 February 2015 ...
"It's a good boat. They went out of their way to make cakes for peoples' occasions etc. Boat isn't fancy, but very comfy. Staff and crew all good.
" - Robert Gaensslen
, USA, 12 December 2014 ...
"An 8 night liveaboard cruise with 4 dives a day. Everything was very well organised, great food, friendly and very attentive staff, great diving.
" - Philipp Ursenbacher
, Austria, 7 July 2014 ...
"Staff excellent, personally I felt Shah and Wasif looked after me especially well. Facilities were about what I expected, above average. The best part was the clear dive information and the help that the staff provided during dives.
" - Adam Duraj
, Australia, 2 April 2013 ...
"Everything was perfect. The boat is beautiful and very spacious and comfortable. The food was amazing! Ate WAY too much. Dive dhoni is fantastic - loads of room.
" - Belinda Thompson
, Australia, 2 May 2011 ...
"The boat is very comfortable, friendly crew, superb diving.
" - Juris Lapshe
, Latvia, 2 July 2010 ...