LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Cruises the Maldives central atolls, some south/north tours
- All cabins with private en-suite bathrooms
- Trips from 6 to 13 nights
- Minimum 50 dives and advanced certification
- Good offers for dive groups
Click on an image to enlarge
The Manta Cruise is a 33 metre monohull motor yacht operating Maldives diving cruises, ranging from 6 to 13 nights in duration. This liveaboard is chartered year round by Team Abyss who have their own cruise leader on board to add more expertise and organisation to the expedition. Ideal for a private charter, the Manta Cruise can tailor its itinerary to your group's needs.
A maximum of 18 passengers can be comfortably accommodated in 9 cabins all with private en-suite bathrooms and air-conditioning. You can take it easy in the open-air saloon and dining area, soak up the rays on the sun deck or relax in the novel front deck lounge area at the bow of the boat, taking in the view of the atoll chain. All diving on these Maldives cruises, which includes a nitrox option, is done from an accompanying custom-built dhoni boat that houses the compressors, maintaining the peace and quiet of the mothership.
Cruise route options include both the northern and southern atolls, and the longer 2 week tours are ideal for those who want to get an in-depth feel of diving in the Maldives. Manta Cruise trips are designed for experienced divers to have a great time so you should have a minimum of 50 dives and advanced open water certification. All liveaboard cruises start and end at Male Town, and you will be welcomed on arrival and waved goodbye at the airport as part of the Team Abyss service.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Notes: It is required for all divers to have logged at least 50 dives and have a minimum level of Advanced
Open Water Diver or equivalent. 100 dives minimum are advised for Extended South Trips. Divers with less experience will be able to join the trips but may have to sit out some dives if dive certifications are not sufficient for the dives planned.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, hot drinks, return transfers to the boat from Male Airport, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (6 divers per guide), tanks, tanks, weights and weight belts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (limited stock of BCD, regulator and dive computer, approx. US$ 17 per set per day), possible Hanifaru Bay entry fees approx. US$ 20 per person, domestic flights (if relevant to the itinerary), fuel surcharge for extended South/North cruise of approx. US$ 120 per person, service charge US$ 10 per person per day, Maldivian Green Tax (US$ 6 per person per night), GST on all items and services purchased on board. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or credit card).
Optional extras: Mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (approx US$ 7 per 12L tank and US$ 9 per 14L tank), torches, dive insurance. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The Manta Cruise liveaboard usually departs from Male. For some southern cruises, the departure port is Gan. On the last night of the cruise, the boat is moored near the disembarkation port. Domestic flights are included for Southern cruises. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives section. The last dive of the trip will end no later than 16:30 hrs on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: 10% discounts from published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 75% to published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 6 guests and receive 1 extra space free of charge. Pay for 12 guests and receive 2 extra spaces free of charge.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): US$ 3,625
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
The Manta Cruise has 9 cabins, all with private en-suite bathrooms. There are 7 Standard cabins: 2 with double beds 3 with 2 single beds side by side and 1 with a double bed and single bed side by side. The Standard cabins have portholes on the lower deck. There are 2 more spacious suites with double beds and large windows on the upper deck.
All the cabins have:
- Air-conditioning and fans
- Private bathrooms with hot water showers and hand basins
- Portholes on lower deck, windows on upper deck
- Bedding & towels provided
- Cabinet, bedside tables, reading lights & mirror
Space for luggage
24-hour, 220v electricity supply
2-pin plugs - adaptors are available
No. of bathrooms / showers - 10 / 11 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The 12 crew comprise:
- 2 Cruise Leaders/Instructors
- 2 Dive Instructors
- 2 Captains
- 2 Cooks
- Deck Hand
Nitrox - Motorised dhoni tender - 2 Fresh water showers on dive deck - Rinse tank with separate tank for cameras - Open-air saloon and dining area with well-stocked bar - TV, DVD and music centre - Library with movies, magazines, novels, fish ID books and games - Internet (subject to location coverage) - 20m² Shaded open-air relaxation area - 60m² Sundeck with sun loungers - Open-air front deck lounge area - Water dispenser.
Mobula, the dhoni dive tender, is 18m long and built specially to Manta Cruise's requirements. It is fast, comfortable and well laid out. Specifications include 2 compressors, nitrox, showers, toilets, rooftop sundeck, crew cabins, GPS, sonar, fish finder and safety equipment.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Meals on board the Manta Cruise safaris are served buffet-style and are inspired by European, Asian and Sri Lankan recipes. Breakfast tends to be continental style with eggs and cereals. Lunch and dinner often feature grilled fish, chicken and salads. You can expect a range of fresh fruit and vegetables and meals served with delicious sauces and cooked with exotic spices.
- The cook caters international, Thai, Italian, local cuisine and BBQ.
- Meals are served buffet style in the saloon/dining area.
- Main meals include pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.
- Snacks consist of biscuits, ice creams and bread/toast.
- Tea, coffee and drinking water are complimentary.
- Soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits are available for purchase onboard.
- Special diets, including Halaal and vegetarian diets, are catered for with prior notice.
- Catering begins at guest check-in.
- Built in year 2006, refurbished 2010
- Size - 33m x 9m
- Weight - 96 tonnes
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 9 knots
- 365 HP Daewoo engine
- 2 x Kohler generators - 27 & 35 Kva
- 2 x Bauer dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 12 litre aluminium scuba tanks with international and DIN fittings
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 6,000 litres
- Fresh water makers - 9,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 5,400 litres
- Waste storage tanks
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 25 person capacity life raft
- 1 x 18m motorised dhoni dive tender
- Motorised dinghy
- Icom radio
- Garmin GPS and plotter
- No radar
- Depth sounder
- EPIRB signalling device
- Bilge pump alarm
- Searchlight & horn
- CCTV in engine room
- Satellite and mobile telephones
- MFA box and trained staff
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Life jackets in cabins
- This operator has not confirmed the presence, or quantity of, oxygen on their liveaboard boat
- Customer dive insurance NOT provided - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation
"Amazing staff, great overall service, delicious food and great diving sites.
" - Mohammed Alrushud
, Saudi Arabia, 12 February 2016 ...