LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- All cabins with private bathrooms
- Free Wi-Fi internet access
- 3 spacious sundecks
- Free nitrox
- 12 and 15 litre tanks
- Cruises central atolls: North Male, South Male, Ari, Vaavu
Click on an image to enlarge
M/Y Moonima is a recent addition to the budget Maldives liveaboard diving scene. This wooden motor yacht of Maldivian construction of 30 meters has a cruising speed of 9 knots. This means you can have easy access on dive safari holidays to some of the best atolls of the Maldives. Moonima was completely renovated and relaunched in 2015 and is now under new European management.
Moonima operates in and out of the port of Male and runs liveaboard diving cruises mostly around the central atolls but some trips venture a little further south or a little further north. All 8 of the spacious cabins onboard the Moonima have ensuite bathrooms as well as offering individual air conditioned comfort to the guests.
Further facilities onboard this liveaboard include 3 spacious sundecks for topping up your tan, a bar, dining area, and a saloon with DVD/TV entertainment. Enjoy free internet access on the Wi-Fi router for your devices. Divers will appreciate the 12 and 15 litre tanks, fresh water showers and camera rinse tank on the accompanying dive dhoni. Your equipment and the compressors, with nitrox available, are kept on the dhoni, making the diving system on this Maldives liveaboard simple and keeping noise to a minimum. MY Moonima is not a deluxe option but as a budget but comfortable liveaboard, it is a great value-for-money holiday choice.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, hot drinks, return transfers to the boat from Male Airport, dives (including 1 night dive), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (6-7 divers per guide), nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers, tanks, weights and weight belts, trips to the local islands and Maldivian Green Tax.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 35 per day), GST on all items and services purchased on board. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or credit cards).
Optional extras: Soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, additional 2nd night dive (cost dependent on number of participants), dive insurance (can be purchased on board), torches, dive computer. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: M/Y Moonima liveaboard tours of the Maldives atolls depart from Male Town. The first and last nights of each cruise are spent in the harbour. Your flight can arrive in Male at any time on the first day. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives section. The last dive of the trip will be at around 09:00 hrs on the second last day of the tour. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 60% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Group discounts are available on request for groups of 10 or more. Please check with us.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): 2016: High Season - US$ 4,404, Low Season - US$ 3,670
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 8 Standard cabins: 7 on the lower deck and 1 on the upper deck. 5 have a double bed and single bed (side-by-side) and 3 have a double bed including the upper deck cabin.
All the cabins have:
- Portholes (windows on the upper deck)
- Private bathroom with hot water shower
- Hand basin, towels and toiletries
- Reading lights
- Cabinet and shelves
- Space for luggage
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- 2-pin European plug types - adaptors are available
- Life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 9 / 11 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The liveaboard crew of 9 comprises:
- Cruise Leader/Dive Guide
- Dive Guide
- 2 Cooks
Enriched air nitrox - Indoor air-conditioned dining area with bar, shop and water dispenser - Saloon with TV, video, movie library & music system - Free wi-fi internet - Games, books and magazines - 2 Sun decks and shaded area with sun loungers and mattresses - Snorkelling
All the diving is done from the 10.5m Dhoni
dive boat, equipped with rinse tanks, ladders and fresh water showers. The dhoni also houses the compressors so the main boat remains quiet even when tanks are being filled.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
You can enjoy 3 meals on Moonima dive holidays, plus a pre-breakfast before dive 1. Meals consist of a balance of international favourites and local cuisine with Maldivian, Indian and Sri Lankan influences. Following each dive you can expect tasty snacks such as desserts and fresh fruits.
- The cook caters for international and local cuisine.
- Main meals include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.
- Snacks are available all day and consist of biscuits, toast and fruit.
- Tea, coffee and drinking water (1 bottle a day) are complimentary.
- Beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks and juice are available for purchase onboard.
- Menus are not fixed and meals are served in the dining area or outdoors at the stern.
- Special diets, including Halaal diets, are catered for with prior notice.
- Each week includes an island BBQ weather permitting
- Catering begins after guest check-in.
- Built in year 2003, refurbished annually
- Size - 30m x 10m
- Top speed - 9 knots
- Volvo 420 HP engine
- 2 x 40 KW Onan generators
- 2 x Bauer and Coltri compressor
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 12 and 15 litre aluminium and steel scuba tanks, with international valve fittings
- DIN adaptors available free or charge>
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 4,000 litres
- Fresh water maker - 1500 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 4,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 10.5 metre dive dhoni
- ABCYamaha 5 HP motorised dinghy
- CB radio
- Samyoung N700 global positioning system
- No radar
- No depth sounder
- Samsung mobile phone
- Emergency oxygen - 10,000 litres
First aid box
Satellite telephone and facsimile
Toshiba CN340 CCTV in engine room
Fire alarm system
No customer diving insurance included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation
No life raft