LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Tours the Maldives southern atolls, some central atoll trips
- Maximum of only 14 divers, 10 crew
- All cabins with private bathrooms
- Minimum 12 years, advanced certification
Click on an image to enlarge
MY Sheena is operated by the experienced outfit Werner Lau, so you can expect efficiency and high levels of service when you're liveaboard diving throughout the Maldives atoll chain on this boat. A maximum of only 14 divers on this 24 metre motor yacht means a high level of intimacy and, with 10 crew members, almost 1-on-1 service levels.
Refurbished in 2009, Sheena has 7 cabins, both Owners cabins and Lower deck cabins, all with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Diving is done from a dhoni ensuring space and tranquility on the mothership. Meals are mostly enjoyed in the outdoor dining area and the air-conditioned lounge is well equipped with entertainment facilities.
This liveaboard runs out of Medhufushi Resort so it is always well stocked with fresh food and a ready supply of resources and dive equipment. Unlike many other Maldives liveaboards, it does not have to return to Male every week, and is therefore free to dive the more distant southern atolls such as Meemu, Laamu and Thaa. Other routes including Ari Atoll are available upon request. Getting to Medhufushi allows you to experience a beautiful seaplane journey from Male Town with stunning views over the Maldives.
Sheena is a nitrox-only boat. For EANx-certified divers nitrox is free, otherwise it is compulsory to do the nitrox course on board.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Dive experience: Participants in these Maldives liveaboard safaris need to be at least 12 years old and hold a valid nitrox diving certificate (or take the nitrox course on board), and be at least an Advanced Diver with a minimum of 60 logged dives. For the tours to and from Filitheyo / Kooddoo and 14 night Maldive Southern Atolls trips: a minimum of 100 logged dives is required.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, hot drinks, dives (as detailed in the trips above), nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (7 divers per guide), tanks, weights and weight belts, Green Tax, and 12% GST on cruise price.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 242 per week), Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty Course (US$ 180), dive computer (US$ 62 per week), air taxi transfer from Male to Filitheyo (US$ 261 one way, to be paid in advance). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (in cash and US dollar only).
Optional extras: Soft drinks, alcoholic drinks,15 litre tank (US$ 49 per week), torches, safety marker device, dive computer, dive insurance. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (in cash and US dollar only).
How to get there: M/Y Sheena liveaboard cruises normally depart from Filitheyo Island Resort, a short (and stunning) seaplane ride from Male. This internal flight can be organised by MY Sheena (max. baggage allowance: 20 kg + 5 kg hand luggage) .The last flight departs at approx. 4:30 pm from Male. The best arrival time for flight check in would be between 12 noon to 2 pm. The boat departs once all guests are onboard. Some central itineraries depart from Male and in March Sheena departs from Kooddoo.
The last dive of the trip will be at around 9 am on the penultimate day, after which Sheena returns to port. Normally disembarkation is at 8 am. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving. International flights departing from Male should not be booked before 9:30 am. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives section.
Non-diver rate: 10% off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Price on request. Please check with us.
Dive clubs and group discounts: See whole boat charter price below.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Pay for 11 guests and 3 additional persons can join the cruise in Lower deck cabins free of charge (total 14 guests).
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
MY Sheena has 7 cabins with private en-suite bathrooms - 2 Owners cabins with a double bed on the upper deck and 5 Lower deck cabins with twin bunk beds.
All the cabins have:
- Air-conditioning and fans
- Private bathrooms with hot water showers and hand basins
- Windows on upper deck, portholes on lower deck
- Bedding & towels provided
- Cabinet, shelves & mirror
- Reading lamp
- Space for luggage
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- 2-pin plugs - adaptors are available
- Fire warning system with fire extinguishers in the corridor
No. of bathrooms / showers - 7 / 7 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew comprises:
- 4 General Crew
Enriched air nitrox - Motorised dhoni tender - 35m² Dive deck with rinse tank - Recharging facilities for underwater lights and video equipment - 50m² Air-conditioned saloon and well-stocked bar - TV, DVD and music centre - Library with movies and fish ID books - Shaded open-air relaxation & dining area - 2 Sundecks totalling 90m² with sun mattresses & chairs - Water dispenser
To participate in a liveaboard diving safari in the Maldives on the Sheena, each scuba diver is required to show proof of at least 60 logged dives and, if possible, be in possession of an advanced license from an internationally recognized diving organization. It is compulsory for each diver to wear a computer, to be in possession of a surface marker buoy, an alternate air source, and for the night dives a torch as well as a strobe light per buddy team. Equipment can be rent at their dive center in Medhufushi.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Dining is either outdoors or in the air-conditioned saloon and, after a light breakfast before the morning dive, 3 meals are served buffet-style. MY Sheena promises a variety of styles with sushi and curries among their specialties. You can expect a BBQ on an island each week and for all you romantics out there, a candlelit dinner for 2 on the sundeck will happily be arranged.
- The chef prepares a large variety of dishes from international, Thai, Chinese, Italian, Japanese and local cuisine.
- Main meals include pre-dive breakfast, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.
- Snacks consist of biscuits and fruit.
- Tea, coffee and drinking water are complimentary.
- Soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits are available for purchase onboard.
- Menus are fixed and chosen from the buffet spread.
- Special diets, including vegetarian and Halaal diets, are catered for with prior notice.
- Catering on these tours begins with dinner on check-in day.
- Built in year 1995, refurbished 2009
- Size - 24m x 8.5m
- Top speed - 14 knots
- Cruising speed - 12 knots
- 600 HP Daewoo engine
- 2 x 22 KW Kohler generators
- 2 x dive tank compressors - Bauer & Mariner
- Enriched air nitrox compressor
- 12 litre aluminium scuba tanks with international and DIN fittings
- 15 litre steel tanks available on request
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 2,400 litres
- Fresh water maker - 6,000 litres/day
- Fuel capacity - 6,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- Dhoni dive tender
- 1 x 45 HP Yamaha dinghy
- Depth sounder
- No radar
- Fire alarm and detectors
- Mobile telephone
- MFA box and trained staff
- Fire extinguishers & life jackets throughout
- Wenoll emergency oxygen system
"Top notch. Excellent dive leaders, excellent boat staff, excellent food, excellent accommodation, great fellow divers.
" - Thomas LeBlanc
, USA, 13 April 2015 ...