Click on an image to enlarge
THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE. DIVE THE WORLD NO LONGER SELLS THIS PRODUCT.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATIVES
The Snefro Spirit is a 'Gold Class' boat from the King Snefro Fleet who were awarded the IATD Tourism Shield of Excellence in 2006, so you can expect high quality and you won't be disappointed.
This is a spacious Sharm El Sheikh liveaboard that sleeps up to a maximum of 18 guests and with 8 to 10 staff on board you can be sure that there is always someone nearby to cater to your needs. The week-long trips depart on Sundays and take in the best diving that the Red Sea's Sinai Peninsula has to offer.
Facilities are spread over the 4 decks with an air conditioned saloon and dining area on the main deck. Free wi-fi is available
throughout the boat. Sun bathing can be done on the upper and sun deck where there is a bar with fridges, sun beds and music. The cherry on top is the sauna on the upper deck
All cabins have private ensuite bathrooms
and consist of Standard twin share cabins on the lower deck, plus a Deluxe suite on the upper deck which has larger windows and superior views over the Red Sea.
The Snefro Spirit offers its Egypt diving safari guests free use of nitrox
, so for Sinai Peninsula liveaboard luxury and a fun atmosphere, there are few that can lay claim to the throne of the MY Snefro Spirit.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, hot drinks, soft drinks, airport transfers, dives (as detailed in the safaris above), experienced English speaking divemasters (max.10 divers per 1 guide), tanks, weights and weightbelts, harbour fees, nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment, dive insurance, fuel surcharge, national park fees and dive permissions.
Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash only).
Optional extras: Torches, canned soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, donations to Hyperbaric Medical Centre Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The M/Y Snefro Spirit liveaboard departs from Travco jetty in Sharm El Sheikh. There are direct flights from Cairo to Sharm (1 hr) via Egypt Air. From some airports in the UK and Europe it is possible to fly into Sharm El Sheikh direct. Boat transfers to and from your hotel or airport are included in the price. For more details see our Red Sea travel information section.
The first night of the safari is spent in the harbour. Guests arrive and board on the first day. The boat leaves the harbour on the morning of the second day. Full Egyptian tourist visas are available only at the airport for citizens of certain countries, unless obtained in advance. Please ensure you understand the tourist visa requirements that apply to you. The last dive of the trip will be at around 13 pm on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 35% of the published price of a Standard cabin,100% for the Suite cabin.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 11 guests and 1 extra person can join free of charge. See whole boat charter rate below which is equivalent to pay for 16 guests and 2 extra persons can join free of charge.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Ask us for details.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
Cabins consist of 8 Standard twin bed cabins on the lower deck, plus 1 Deluxe suite on the upper deck which has large windows and superior views over the Red Sea.
All the liveaboard cabins have:
- En-suite bathroom with hot water shower and hand basin
- Windows on the upper deck, portholes on the lower deck
- Bedding & towels provided
- Cabinet, shelves & mirror
- Reading lights
- Personal belongings safe box
- Internal phone
- In-room music
- 24-hour, 220V electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin plug sockets
- Fire warning system
- Life jackets & fire extinguishers
- Space for luggage
No. of bathrooms / showers - 11 / 11 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 10 comprises:
- 2 Dive Masters/Instructors
- 2 Cooks
- 2 Deck Hands
Complimentary nitrox - Motorised dinghies - Diving platform with access ladders - Dive deck with fresh water showers & toilets - Camera table & rinse tanks - Air-conditioned saloon, dedicated dining area and well-stocked bar - TV, DVD and music system - Complimentary internet - Library with diving magazines, novels, fish ID books and movies - Chess, backgammon and card games - Sauna on upper deck - 2 Partially shaded sun decks with bar, fridges, music, sun matresses & seating - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Food on board the MY Snefro Spirit matches the high quality of the rest of the service and facilities with a good mix of international favourites plus North African and Arabic dishes to delight the taste buds. You can expect pork, lamb, beef, veal, fish, calamari, shrimps, turkey, as well as several vegetarian dishes.
- The cook caters for international, Italian and local Red Sea cuisine.
- Menus are not fixed and meals are served buffet-style in the saloon.
- Complimentary meals include pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.
- Snacks consist of biscuits, cakes, ice cream and fruit.
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks and drinking water are complimentary.
- Beer and wine are available for purchase onboard. Guests may bring their own spirits only.
- Special diets are catered for with prior notice.
- Catering begins on guest check-in for the safari.
- Built in 2008, refurbished 2009
- Size - 33m x 8m
- Weight - 288 tonnes
- Top speed - 15 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 900 HP GM engines
- 2 x 100 KW Perkins generators
- 2 x Bauer Mariner scuba tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 12 & 15 litre aluminium & steel tanks with yoke & DIN fittings
- Electricity 220V - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 7,000 litres
- Water maker - 1,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 10,000 litres
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x life rafts
- 2 x 25/45 HP dive dinghies
- VHF Ray Marine radio
- Ray Marine radar
- Ray Marine GPS
- Ray Marine plotter
- Ray Marine sounder
- Mobile cellphone
- Searchlight & signal horn
- Fire alarms / detectors throughout
- Life jackets in each cabin
- Fire fighting system & extinguishers throughout
- MFA box and trained staff
- 29,000 litres of continuous flow oxygen