THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE. DIVE THE WORLD NO LONGER SELLS THIS PRODUCT.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATIVES
MV Moonimaa is a wooden motor yacht of Maldivian construction of 30 meters. It has a cruising speed of 14 knots, allowing easy access on dive safaris to some of the best atolls that the Maldives have to offer.
All 8 of the spacious cabins onboard the Moonimaa have ensuite bathrooms as well as offering individual air conditioned comfort to the guests.
Further facilities onboard this liveaboard include 3 spacious sundecks for topping up your tan, a bar, dining area and a saloon with DVD/TV entertainment. There are also 2 open air Jacuzzis for relaxing after your day's diving adventures.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, tea and afternoon snacks, dives (as detailed in the trips above), tanks, weights and weight belts, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s), Maldivian Bed Tax and return transfers to the boat from Male Airport.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment, US$ 6 per night service charge (payable onboard) and flights. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
Optional extras: Torches (none on board so bring your own), dive insurance, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, mineral water. The cruise price includes 3 dives per day, but extra dives can be booked on arrival. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The Moonimaa liveaboard safaris depart from Male. For more information see our How to Get to the Maldives section.
Non-diver rate: No discounts available.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 100% to published prices.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Please refer to the whole boat charter prices above based on 14 guests. For larger groups please check with us.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 8 cabins - 7 Standard cabins on the lower deck and 1 Deluxe cabin on the upper deck. Each cabin has a King-size double bed and a standard-sized single bed, so each can be used for single or double occupancy.
All the cabins have:
- Private bathroom with hot water shower
- Handbasin and towels
- TV and DVD player
- Reading lights
- Cabinet and shelves
- 220V European-style mains outlet
- Fire warning system and fire extinguishers
- Life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 8 / 8 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The liveaboard crew comprises:
- Cruise Leader
- 2-3 Dive instructors
- 2 Cooks
- Deck hand
2 Jacuzzis - Indoor air-conditioned dining area with bar shop and water dispenser - Saloon with TV, video, movie library & music system - Computer, CD burner & internet - Games, books and magazines - Sun deck and shaded area with sun loungers and matresses - Night fishing - Snorkelling
All the diving is done from the 15m Dhoni
dive boat, equuipped with rinse tanks and fresh water shower.
Watersports such as windsurfing, water skiing, catamaran sailing, para-sailing, wave surfing and island hopping can all be arranged during your Maldives scuba diving safari.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- Table-served lunch and dinner in saloon or in the open-air dining area.
- Dinner: variety of Italian pasta dishes, cooked fish or chicken, salads, homemade bread, homemade cake dessert.
- Tea time: tea and coffee, homemade cakes and biscuits.
- Lunch: variety of rice dishes, fresh fish, cooked fresh vegetables, salads, homemade bread, tropical fruit dessert.
- Breakfast: juice, tea, coffee, toast, cheese, jam and marmelade, fresh made cakes (eggs on demand).
- Mineral water, soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits are all available on board at extra charge.
- Built in year 2003
- Size - 30m x 10m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- Volvo 380 HP engine
- 2 x Soundproof generators
- Dive tank compressor
- 15 and 18 litre aluminium and steel scuba tanks, with international and DIN valve fittings
- Electricity 220V, 12V and 24V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 5,000 litres
- Fresh water maker - 200 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 3,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 15 metre dive tender
- Yamaha 5 HP motorised dinghy
- Marine VHF and CB radios
- Global positioning system
- Satellite radio telephone
- IDD facsimile
- Emergency oxygen
- First aid box
- Satellite telephone and facsimile
- Fire extinguishers
- No customer diving insurance included - see our insurance programme for a competitive quotation