LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Visits Red Sea North
- All cabins with private bathrooms
- Popular for group charters and dive clubs
- 12 and 15 litre tanks
Click on an image to enlarge
Blue Planet I may bear the name of the fleet of which it is part, but it is not their most luxurious Sinai liveaboard boat. However, due to the lower number of guests on board, there is enough space and thanks to a regime of annual restorations and refurbishment, she is fully equipped and serviceable.
A maximum of only 15 scuba divers means fewer other guests to share the space and crew's attention with as you cruise around all the best dive sites that the northern Red Sea has to offer. The boat has a very good staff retention record which has enabled them to provide a consistently high level of service over the past years.
Guests stay in 8 twin cabins, each with a private bathroom and hot water shower. A rinse tank, toilet and hot water shower are all available on the dive deck, which is roomy and works well, even with a full complement of divers. Meals are served in the air-conditioned saloon and there are always plenty of snacks between meals.
Due to its size, this boat is very popular for group charters and dive clubs. And for those who deeply appreciate our blue planet and want to witness its natural wonders around the Sinai Peninsula without breaking the bank, the MY Blue Planet I could be the boat for you.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Dive experience: Required: for North & Wrecks, Tiran, St. John's Reefs safaris - Open Water diver license and 30 logged dives; for Brothers, Daedalus Reef & Elphinstone, Red Sea South safaris - Advanced Open Water diver license and 50 logged dives.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, water, bottled soft drinks and hot drinks, return transfers from Hurghada airport to boat for Hurghada departures and from Marsa Alam and Hurghada airports for Marsa Ghalib departures, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (number of DMs depends on route), tanks, weights and weightbelts, all taxes.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 148 per trip), dive computer (US$ 38 per week), SMB, national park and harbour fees and dive permissions:
North & Wrecks: US$ 175,
Tiran: US$ 175,
St John's: US$ 186,
(North &) Brothers (start/end Hurghada): US$ 192,
(North &) Brothers (start/end Port Ghalib): US$ 214,
Brothers, Daedalus & Elphinstone/Red Sea South: US$ 246,
Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash only).
Optional extras: Alcoholic drinks, nitrox (US$ 71 per trip) dive insurance, torch. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: MY Blue Planet I Sinai Peninsula trips depart from Hurghada and collective return transfers are provided from Hurghada airport/nearby hotels to the departure point. For more details visit our Red Sea travel information section.
The first and last nights of the diving tour are spent in the harbour. Guests arrive and board on the first day after 3 pm. The last dive of the trip will be at around 10 am on the penultimate day and the yacht returns to port at 4 pm. Guests depart latest at noon on the final day. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: 10% off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): Add 80% to the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: None.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Approximately equivalent to pay for 12 guests and 4 extra persons can join free of charge.
Please note: There is an additional charge of US$ 734 for 2 dive guides on all whole boat charters.
Add-on package: If you have time, we strongly recommend that you consider some of the wonderful antiquities tours in Egypt which can add a whole new dimension to your holiday.
Cairo museum's royal mummies, the pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, a glorious cruise down the Nile staying in a luxury cabin, the Valley of the Kings, all of these and more can be seen in packages starting at 6 nights' duration. Other activities such as 4x4 safaris and camel tours are also available, as are custom-made packages to suit your needs.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
Blue Planet is equipped with 8 Standard twin cabins capable of accommodating 16 divers. 6 larger cabins are located on the lower deck with 2 smaller cabins on the upper deck. All feature private en-suite bathroom facilities.
All the cabins have:
- Private bathroom with hot water shower, hand basin, shower gel and mirror
- Portholes on lower deck, small windows on upper deck
- Reading lights
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin plugs
- Fire extinguishers
No. of bathrooms / showers - 9 / 9 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- Cruise Leader / Dive Instructor
- Cook and Assistant Chef
- Engine Room Mechanic Manager
- 3 Deck Hands
24m² dive deck and platform - Nitrox - Yamaha dive dinghy - 2 freshwater showers (1 hot) and 1 toilet on the deck - Rinse tank - Electrical charging points for cameras/torches - 38m² air-conditioned saloon with TV, DVD and music players - Library with movies, magazines, novels & fish ID book - 30m² sun deck with matresses - 25m² outside shaded area - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- The main meals on the Blue Planet liveaboard consists of international and local Egyptian cuisine.
- The menus are not fixed and meals are served buffet style accompanied by a steward service, in the air-conditioned saloon located on the main deck.
- Main meals comprise a pre-breakfast snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner, with snacks in between.
- Snacks include biscuits, candy bars, ice cream, bread/toast, cake and fruit, which along with tea, coffee, water and soft drinks in bottles are all complimentary.
- Soft drinks in cans, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks are available for purchase on board.
- All diets, including vegetarian and halal, can be catered for with prior notice.
- Catering starts with lunch for early arrivals on check-in day.
- Built in 1999, fully refitted and upgraded in 2013
- Size - 27m x 6.5m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 600 HP MAN engines
- 2 x 45 KW generators
- 2 x Bauer Mariner dive tank compressors
- Partial pressure manual mixing enriched air nitrox system
- 12 litre aluminium & 15 litre steel tanks with DIN fittings and A-clamp inserts
- Electricity 220v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 6,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 8,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 3,678 litres per day
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x life rafts
- Yamaha 25 HP dinghy
- JRC Radar
- Navman GPS
- Chart plotter
- Echo sounder
- Mobile phone
- VHF (JRG) radio
- Search light & loudhailer
- Rocket-propelled throwline
- Fire alarms / detectors
- Life jackets on upper deck
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- MFA box and trained staff
- 5,000 litres of continuous flow and DAN DV oxygen on board
"The trip was an amazing experience! The boat was well kept with a very friendly and hospitable crew. All the sites were great and the dive guide Ashraf Hassin was knowledgable, friendly, helpful and definitely very experienced. A very memorable Red Sea trip and I recommend to anybody interested in a liveaboard dive adventure!!" - Peter Dawes, Australia, 7 June 2010 ...