LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Cruises Red Sea North and South
- All cabins with private bathrooms
- ENOS satellite diver location system
- Large boat
Click on an image to enlarge
MY Felo is a sleek 39 metre mono-hulled motor yacht, built as recently as 2010, and a specifically designed Hurghada liveaboard for diving safaris around the best of Egypt's Red Sea waters. Up to 22 divers can be comfortably accommodated on board and staff can communicate in German, English, Russian and Arabic.
Space and comfort are strong features of MY Felo as typified by the huge dive deck with 2 stairways down to a generous platform making the diving procedure smooth and hassle-free. There is also ample chill-out space whether on the sundeck or the roomy saloon and dining area. Other features worthy of mention include enriched air nitrox for suitably-qualified divers, complimentary on-board internet and showers and a toilet on the deck.
Additionally, Felo is fitted with the ENOS satellite diver location and rescue system. This means that every diver is tracked to ensure a safe and stress-free time, allowing you to focus on enjoying your time underwater in the Red Sea. Nitrox is also free of charge.
You can choose from a range of cabins varying in price and spread throughout the lower and main deck. The cabins follow the theme of size and convenience, all being air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. Space, comfort and the ease of diving on a purpose-built Hurghada liveaboard, all combine to provide you with a jolly good Felo experience.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Dive experience: Minimum requirement: for safaris that include any of Brothers, Daedalus Reef, Zabargad, Rocky Island - 50 logged dives; all other safaris - 20 logged dives.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee, tea and water, soft drinks, dives (as detailed in the charters above), nitrox for EANx-certified divers, ENOS satellite location, tanks, weights and weightbelts, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (4-5 divers per DM), return transfers from local airport or hotel to the boat, all taxes.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 183 per trip), dive insurance, national park fees/permissions/other charges as follows: North-Wrecks/Tiran: US$ 199, North-Wrecks/Turkia: US$ 210, Fury Shoals and Elphinstone/St. John's: US$ 232, Brothers, Daedalus, Elphinstone/Red Sea South/Red Sea South & St. John's : US$ 275. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash only - Euros, US dollars or Egyptian pounds).
Optional extras: Torch US$ 43, dive computer US$ 65, underwater camera (Sealife Micro 2.0 / 64 GB with flash) US$ 107, 15 litre tank US$ 54, one way private car rental transfer between Hurghada and Marsa Alam US$ 97, alcoholic drinks. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items are priced per week and need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The M/Y Felo liveaboard departs from Hurghada and Port Ghalib. Check-in time starts at 6 pm on the first day of the safari before dinner (boat departs next morning). Check out at 10 am on the morning of the last day (last night usually on the boat in the harbour). Late arrivals or early departures can be arranged. The last dive of the trip will be at around 12:00 noon on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
For more details see our travel information section for the Red Sea.
Non-diver rate: US$ 54 off the published price.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 50% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: See whole boat charter rate below.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Please contact us for full and half boat charter rates. Prices dependent upon cruise route.
Add-on package: If you have time, we strongly recommend that you consider some of the wonderful antiquities tours in Egypt which can add a whole new dimension to your holiday.
Cairo museum's royal mummies, the pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, a glorious cruise down the Nile staying in a luxury cabin, The Valley of the Kings, all of these and more can be seen in packages starting at 6 nights' duration. Other activities such as 4x4 safaris and camel tours are also available as are custom-made packages to suit your needs.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
MY Felo has 11 cabins with private en-suite bathrooms - 1 Suite with a King size bed on the main deck, 2 Suites with King size beds on the upper deck, and 8 Twin Cabins with twin beds on the lower deck.
All the cabins have:
- En-suite bathroom with hot-water shower, hand basin and hair dryer
- Portholes in the twin bed cabins and windows in the suites
- Minibar and fridge
- Bedding and towels
- Cabinet, shelves and mirror
- Life jackets, fire extinguisher and fire warning system
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin plugs
No. of bathrooms / showers - 13 / 13 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
Liveaboard crew comprises:
- Dive Instructor
- Cook and Chef's Assistant
- 2 Engineers
- 2 Saloon Boys
- 4 Deck Hands/Sailors
Nitrox (up to 32%) - 2 x 40 HP motorised dinghies - 50m² dive deck with 2 freshwater showers and toilet - Separate rinse tank for cameras - 25m² diving platform with 2 access ladders - 2 Air-conditioned saloons with big-screen TV, DVD, music players and games - Internet connection (free of charge) - Restaurant section with well-stocked bar - Library with movies, magazines, novels and fish ID books - 8m² sun deck and shaded area with sun matresses, chairs & bathroom - Water dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
In addition to a pre-breakfast before your first dive of the day, there are 2 buffet-style meals served on MY Felo each day. For dinner, fresh fish, chicken, beef will be served together with rice, noodles, potatoes and different varieties of vegetables and salads. For dessert you can enjoy pudding, cakes or fruits.
- International and local Egyptian delicacies served on board.
- Food is served buffet style in the restaurant on the main deck.
- Main meals consist of pre-dive breakfast, breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between.
- Snacks consist of biscuits, candy bars, bread, toast and fruit, which together with tea & coffee, drinking water and soft drinks are complimentary.
- Cans of beer and bottles of wine are available for purchase on board.
- Catering begins with dinner on guest check-in.
- All diets, including vegetarian and halal, catered for with prior notice.
- Built in 2010
- Size - 39m x 8.6m
- Weight - 288 tonnes
- Top speed - 14 knots
- Cruising speed - 12 knots
- 2 x 750 HP Caterpillar engines
- 2 x 100 KW Caterpillar generators
- 2 x Bauer scuba tank compressors
- Membrane enriched air nitrox system
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with international fittings and DIN adaptors
- 15 litre tanks available on request
- Electricity 220v - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 18,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 20,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 4,800 litres per day
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 22 person capacity life raft
- 2 x 40 HP motorised dive dinghies
- ENOS GPS-satellite location & rescue system for all divers
- Satellite & mobile phones
- Search light & horn
- Engine room CCTV
- Bilge pump alarm
- Emergency signal devices
- Fire alarms / detectors
- Life jackets in all cabins
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- MFA box and trained staff
- 20,000 litres of continuous flow oxygen
"They were excellent, the boat was in great shape, the staff were wonderful, the guide spoke English. It was wonderful.
" - Carol Cohn
, New Zealand, 12 August 2016 ...