LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Visits Red Sea North and South
- All cabins with private bathrooms
- Affordable option for 7 night trips
- 12 & 15 litre tanks available
Click on an image to enlarge
MY Dreams may not be the grandest Red Sea liveaboard, but it focusses on personalised service in an area of the market which is very competitive. Without breaking the bank you can enjoy a diving tour around Egypt's best sites of the Sinai Peninsula with a maximum of only 18 guests on board, and typically between 10 and 16.
The air conditioned lounge features TV, DVD and music system plus a library including general interest as well as fish ID books. The top deck (and sun deck to the bow) has soft seating and mattresses making a comfortable chill out or sun bathe area.
Cabins are compact and simple and either twin bunk or twin. All of them have ensuite bathrooms, air conditioning and towels and bathrobes. So if you are yearning for a quality Sinai Peninsula liveaboard experience without the cost, then this boat might be the stuff that dreams are made of.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Dive experience: Recommended: North & Wrecks safaris - Open Water diver license and 20 logged dives; for St. Johns Reefs safaris - Open Water diver license and 30 logged dives; for Brothers, Daedalus Reef & Elphinstone safaris - Advanced Open Water diver license and 50 logged dives.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, soft drinks, water and hot drinks (e.g. instant coffee, tea), return transfers from/to local airport-boat, port & park fees, dives (as detailed in the trips above), nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers, experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (9 divers per DM), tanks, weights and weightbelts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (incl. dive computer or torch, US$ 207 per week), diving insurance. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash or credit card).
Optional extras: Soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, torch (US$ 47 per week), 15 litre tank (US$ 47 per week). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: The M/Y Dreams liveaboard departs from Hurghada, and return transfers from Hurghada Airport to the departure point can be arranged. There are direct flights from Cairo to Hurghada (1 hour) via Egypt Air. From certain destinations in the UK and Europe it is possible to fly into Hurghada direct. Check in time starts at 5 pm on the first day (boat departs the next morning). Check out before 10 am on the last day (last night usually on the boat in the harbour). Late arrivals or early departures can be arranged. For more details visit our Red Sea travel information section.
The boat leaves the harbour on the morning of the second day. Full tourist visas to visit Egypt are available only at the airport for citizens of certain countries, unless obtained in advance. Please ensure you understand the tourist visa requirements that apply to you. The last dive of the trip will be at around 15:00 hrs on the second last day of the trip. Please wait at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Non-diver rate: None.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 80% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: Pay for 8 guests and 1 additional person can join the cruise in a Standard cabin free of charge.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): Please ask us for details.
Add-on package: If you have time, we strongly recommend that you consider some of the wonderful antiquities tours in Egypt which can add a whole new dimension to your holiday.
Cairo museum's royal mummies, the pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, a glorious cruise down the Nile staying in a luxury cabin, The Valley of the Kings, all of these and more can be seen in packages starting at 6 nights' duration. Other activities such as 4x4 safaris and camel tours are also available as are custom-made packages to suit your needs.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
The MY Dreams has 9 cabins: 5 twin bed cabins and 1 twin-bunk cabin on the lower deck, 2 twin bed cabins and 1 double bed cabin on the upper deck. All cabins feature private, en-suite bathrooms.
All the cabins have:
- Individual control air-conditioning
- En-suite bathroom with hot-water shower, soap and hand basin
- Portholes on lower deck, windows on upper deck
- Towels & bathrobes
- Cabinet & mirror
- Bedside table
- 24-hour, 220V electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin plugs
- Life jackets & fire extinguisher
- Fire detector
No. of bathrooms / showers - 9 / 9 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 10 comprises:
- Tour Leader/Divemaster
- Chef's Assistant
2 Dinghy Drivers
2 Deck Hands
Nitrox - 2 motorised dive dinghies - Diving deck and platform with rinse tank, hot water shower and toilet - Air-conditioned saloon with dining area and bar, TV, DVD and music players - Free 3G WiFi internet - Fish ID book - Bow sun deck with matresses & Shaded area with bar and water & juice dispenser
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- International and local Egyptian cuisine are served, as well as a popular BBQ.
- Main meals consist of breakfast, lunch & dinner, with afternoon snacks in between.
- The menus are fixed and meals are served buffet style in the air-conditioned restaurant on the main deck.
- Snacks include biscuits and fruit which, together with tea, herbal teas & coffee, soft drinks and drinking water, are complimentary.
- Beer, wine and soda water are available for purchase on board.
- All diets, including vegetarian and halal, can be catered for with prior notice.
- Catering begins with dinner on the first day of the tour.
- Built in 2005, refurbished annually
- Size - 28m x 6m
- Top speed - 11 knots
- Cruising speed - 8 knots
- 2 x 600 HP Caterpillar engines
- 2 x 50 KW Caterpillar generators
- 2 x Bauer dive tank compressors
- Membrane enriched air nitrox system
- 12 & 15 litre aluminium & steel tanks with DIN fittings and Int. inserts
- Electricity 220v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 8,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 9,000 litres
- Freshwater maker - 4,500 litres per day
- Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x life rafts (total 45 person capacity)
- 2 x 25 HP Yamaha dinghies
- HF & VHF radios
- Furuno radar
- Lorenz GPS
- Raytheon Sounder
- Satellite & mobile phones
- Bilge pump alarm
- Satellite EPIRB
- Search light & horn
- Fire alarms / detectors
- Life jackets in all cabins
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- First aid box and MFA trained staff
- 15,000 litres of continuous flow oxygen