LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
At a glance...
- Visits Acasta Reef and Anambas Islands
- All cabins have ensuite bathrooms
- Dive The World Gold Range product
- BBQ pit on the sun deck, private massage room
- Large, steel-hulled boat
Click on an image to enlarge
MV DiveRACE Class E is a super Indonesian liveaboard with a rather unusual name. Launched in 2015, this steel mono-hulled yacht is 35m in length and can accommodate up to 20 advanced divers on tours to the Anamas Islands and Acasta Reef in the Riau Archipelago of Western Indonesia.
Cruising at up to 15 knots and with features like ensuite cabins, a private massage room, and a BBQ pit on the sun deck, DiveRACE Class E seeks to be a class apart from other liveaboards. A crew of 14 attend to you and they will serve you hot chocolate, juice and a towel after each dive.
The sun deck is a popular spot withbuilt-in sofa chairs in the shade, and sun loungers to soak up the sunshine of the Anambas Islands and South China Sea . Guests may also socialise in the air-conditioned saloon with sofa seating, or the open-air dining area, both of which are on the upper deck.
The cabins are located on the lower and main decks. The large dive deck features 2 ladders, 4 fresh water showers and 2 toilets. Photographers will appreciate features such as the rinse tanks for cameras, enriched air nitrox, and multimedia stations throughout the boat.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
More Trip Details...
Dive experience: Due to the depth of some of the dive sites, these safaris are for advanced-certifed divers only.
Cruise price per person includes: Cabin accommodation with air-conditioning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinking water, hot drinks, dives (as detailed in the trips above), experienced English-speaking divemaster(s) (4-5 divers per DM), tanks, weights and weightbelts.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): Scuba equipment (US$ 30 per day), port fees US$ 38, dive insurance. Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival (cash only).
Optional extras: Soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, dive computer (US$ 11 per day), nitrox fills for enriched air certified divers (US$ 11 per fill), torch (US$ 30 per day), 15 litre tank (US$ 11 per day). Unless otherwise stated, all the listed items need to be paid on arrival.
How to get there: MV DiveRACE Class E's Indonesian liveaboard trips depart and return to Punggol Marina Country Club, 11 Northshore Drive, Singapore. Meet at the country club at 16:30 hrs. If you are unable to make the meeting time then you can take the 20:00 hrs ferry to Bintan Resort. The ferry ride takes approximately 55 minutes. The last dive of the trip will be at around 11:00 hrs on the last day of the trip. Please allow at least 18 hours before flying after diving.
Diving Environment: Lying in the South China Sea between Borneo and Peninsular Malaysia is the Riau Archipelago (which includes Acasta Reef and The Anambas islands). Far from shore the Riau Archipelago is not a destination that daytrip boats can reach so it remains the sole playground of liveaboards. Distance from shore means there is less human impact meaning greater visibility unaffected by river run off and low diver numbers. You will likely be the only boat there. Here you can find a combination of wreck (Igara Wreck, Acasta Wreck, 7 Skies) and reef diving (Anambas Islands). In this region you may dive with giant moray eels stingrays, cuttlefish and octopus. Turtles are commonly seen here, both hawksbill and green. There may, if you are very lucky, even be a passing whale shark. Visibility is 15-30m, water temperature is 27-29C.
Non-diver rate: 20% off the published prices.
Single supplement (if you do not want to share accommodation): This is optional - single travellers may choose to share a cabin or pay a supplement of 80% of the published price.
Dive clubs and group discounts: No published group deal. Please check with us. See whole boat charter rate.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): 10% off the published price of a full boat.
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There are 6 Deluxe twin/double bed cabins with windows on the middle deck. 2 of these cabins have private balconies. There are a further 4 Standard ensuite 4-share bunk bed cabins with portholes on the lower deck. All cabins are air-conditioned and have private bathrooms.
All the cabins have:
- Sea-view windows (portholes on lower deck)
- Private bathroom with toilet, hot water shower, hand basin, towels, toiletries
- Reading lights
- Personal safety box
- Cabinet, shelves and mirror
- Mains outlet 220 Volts - 24 hours per day, universal sockets
- Space for luggage
- Life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 14 / 14 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
The crew of 14 comprises:
- Cruise Director
- 3 Divemasters
- 2 Cooks
- 2 Engineers
- 2 Deck hands
Enriched air nitrox - 2 motorised dive tenders - dive deck with 4 freshwater showers and 2 toilets - air-conditioned saloon with DVD video, music and games - open-air dining area - sundecks with mattresses and in-built sofa seating - private massage room - multimedia stations - drinking water dispenser
All divers must be Advanced diver level or take Advanced course or Adventure Deep Diver on the trip.
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Meals on DiveRACE Class E are served at the table in the open-air dining area on the main deck. A barbeque is normally scheduled during the trip.
Sample dishes - Sukiyaki Steamboat, Pad Thai, BBQ Chicken and seafood ...
- Thai, Asian and international main meal dishes. 4 to 5 dishes per sitting.
- Waitress served dining in the open air dining area on the upper deck.
- Dinner is the first meal of the liveaboard cruise.
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fruit, water, snacks and biscuits are provided free of charge.
- Soft drinks, beer and wine are also available for purchase.
- Please send any dietary requirements in advance of the cruise so that the boat can prepare for you.
- Built in year 2015
- Size - 35m x 7.5m
- Top speed - 15 knots
- Cruising speed - 12 knots
- 2 x 1200 HP Cummins engines
- 2 x 80 KW generators
- 2 x Bauer dive tank compressors
- 12 litre and 15 litre aluminium tanks with DIN and international fittings.
- Enriched air nitrox system
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 28,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 18,000 litres
- Environmental waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- Solas life rafts (for 50 passengers)
- 2 x 40 HP motorised tenders
- VHF radio
- Lowrance global positioning system (GPS)
- Lowrance radar and plotter
- Lowrance sounder
- Samyung autopilot
- Closed circuit TV
- Searchlight and life rings with lights
- EPIRB and distress flares
- Satellite telephone
- Medic first aid box
- Oxygen 25,0000 litres
- 50 x life jackets
- 15 x fire extinguishers throughout