THIS PAGE IS OBSOLETE. DIVE THE WORLD NO LONGER SELLS THIS PRODUCT.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATIVES
The Snefro Crown is a gold class boat from the King Snefro Fleet who were awarded the IATD Tourism Shield of Excellence in 2006, so you can expect high quality, and you won't be disappointed. The MY Snefro Crown offers its diving safari guests free nitrox use
At 33 metres in length, this is a spacious Sinai liveaboard that sleeps up to a maximum of 18 guests, and with 8 to 10 staff on board you can be sure that there is always someone nearby to cater to your needs.
Facilities are spread over the 4 decks with an air conditioned saloon and dining area on the main deck. Sun bathing can be done on the upper and sun deck where there is a bar with fridge, sun beds and music. The cherry on top is the sauna on the upper deck
The ensuite cabins
consist of 8 standard twin share cabins on the lower deck, plus 1 deluxe suite on the upper deck which has larger windows and superior views over the Red Sea. For Sinai Peninsula liveaboard luxury and a fun atmosphere there are few can lay claim to the throne of the MY Snefro Crown.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
MY Snefro Crown offers a variety of accommodation on its Sinai diving trips with a total of 9 cabins, which includes 1 double bed Deluxe Suite on the upper deck wit windows, and 8 Standard twin bed cabins with portholes on the lower deck.
All the liveaboard cabins have:
- En-suite bathroom with hot water shower and hand basin
- Windows on the upper deck, portholes on the lower deck
- Bedding & towels provided
- Cabinet, shelves & mirror
- Reading lights
- Safe belongings box
- Internal phone
- Music & minibar
- 24-hour, 220v electricity supply
- European-style 2-pin plug sockets
- Fire warning system
- Life jackets & fire extinguishers
No. of bathrooms / showers - 13 / 11 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- 2 Dive Masters/Instructors
- 2 Cooks
- 2 Deck Hands
Complimentary nitrox - Motorised dive dinghies - Dive deck with fresh water showers & toilets - Camera table & rinse tanks - Air-conditioned saloon, dedicated dining area and well-stocked bar - TV, DVD and music centre - Library with diving magazines, novels, fish ID books and movie library - Chess, backgammon and card games - Sauna on upper deck - 2 Partially shaded sun decks with bar, fridges, music, sun matresses & chairs
Menu, Cuisine Type...
Food on board the MY Snefro Crown matches the high quality of the rest of the service and facilities with a good mix of international favourites plus North African and Arabic dishes to delight the taste buds. All meals are buffet service and you can expect to see pork, lamp, beef, veal, fish, calamari, shrimps, turkey as well as several vegetarian dishes.
- The cook caters for international, Italian and local cuisine.
- Onboard BBQ.
- Special diets, including Halaal diets, are catered for with prior notice.
- Main meals include pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.
- Snacks consist of biscuits, cakes, ice creams and fruit.
- Tea, coffee and drinking water are complimentary.
- Beer and wine are available for purchase onboard. Guests may bring their own spirits only.
- Menus are not fixed and meals are served buffet style in the saloon/dining area.
- Catering begins on guests check-in.
- Built in 2008, refurbished 2009
- Size - 33m x 8m
- Weight - 288 tonnes
- Top speed - 15 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 900 HP GM engines
- 2 x 100 KW Perkins generators
- 2 x Bauer Mariner scuba tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 12 & 15 litre aluminium tanks with international and DIN fittings
- Electricity 220v - 24-hours per day
- Water capacity - 7,000 litres
- Water maker - 1,000 litres per day
- Fuel capacity - 10,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x 25 & 45 HP dinghies
- 2 x life rafts
- VHF Ray Marine Radio
- Ray Marine Radar
- Ray Marine GPS
- Ray Marine Plotter
- Ray Marine Sounder
- Mobile cellphone
- Searchlight & signal horn
- Fire alarms / detectors throughout
- Life jackets in each cabin
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- MFA box and trained staff
- 7,000 litres of continuous flow oxygen
"The Snefro Crown was very good. The staff were friendly, the food was good, and the boat seemed well run. No major complaints - everything met our expectations, including the diving." - Christopher Martin, Canada, 4 October 2010 ...