The Queen Scuba is an Indonesia liveaboard purpose-built for diving safaris. Its design provides you with comfort and ease on your dive trip without hurting your wallet. In its brief life so far, the boat has gained a reputation for excellent customer service.
Unlike many liveaboards in Komodo, Queen Scuba is not a schooner, but a steel monohull motor vessel. You can choose among Master, VIP and Budget cabin types - all feature en-suite bathrooms with hot water. The Master cabin is huge with a King Size bed and a TV/DVD player for your entertainment. There's a free mini bar and the windows afford spectacular sea views. On the main deck, VIP cabins have either twin or double beds while below decks, the budget cabins have bunk beds. All beds are a minimum of 2m in length ensuring a comfortable night's rest even for tall guests.
The saloon is air conditioned and is sufficiently spacious and comfortable to accommodate all guests at the same time. This is where you will cool off, unwind and enjoy snacks such as cakes and fresh tropical fruits. If you prefer to take in a movie on the flat screen TV, there is a large choice available. The shaded deck towards the stern is where evening meals are served and there is a lot of sunbathing space too.
Either as a solo traveler or a group on a whole boat charter, you are guaranteed the same attentive treatment from the experienced crew who enjoy entertaining the guests. Scuba tanks get filled in situ, so having set up your gear, you will not have to move it again for the rest of the trip. Crew do all the equipment carrying. With a nitrox system, roomy dive deck and 2 tenders, the Queen Scuba certainly has plenty of features to recommend it for Komodo liveaboard diving in Indonesia.
Queen Scuba now operates in the Komodo Island region in the April to October period. From November to April it visits various diving locations around Raja Ampat.
Scheduled departures, prices, destinations, durations...
There are currently no future dates available.
More Trip Details...
Cruise price per person includes: Diving, air-conditioned cabin accommodation, meals, non-alcoholic drinks, transfers, weights and weight-belts, torches and tanks, professional divemaster and all taxes.
Cruise price per person excludes (mandatory, unless customer provides own): A fuel surcharge of US$ 50 per person, in addition to the normal park fees, is payable upon embarkation.
Optional extras: Full sets of scuba equipment, dive computers, digital cameras.
Whole boat charter rate (per night): US$ 12,600 for the full 4 day trip (equivalent to 13% discount!).
Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There's 1 Master double bed (200 x 240 cm) cabin and 5 VIP double bed (200 x 160 cm) cabins on the main deck, and 2 Budget bunk cabins on the lower deck - 1 twin and 1 triple bed. All cabins are en-suite (private bathrooms).
All the cabins have:
- Sea-view windows (Master and VIP cabins only)
- Toilet, hot water shower and hand basin
- TV, DVD, free minibar (Master Cabin only)
- Wardrobe and mirror
- Mains outlet 220 Volts - 24 hours per day
- Bedding and towels
- Life jackets
No. of bathrooms / showers - 10 / 10 - hot water
Crew, Facilities, Dive Courses...
- Tour leader
- 3 Divemasters
- 2 Cooks
- 3 Deck hands
Enriched air nitrox - motorised dinghy - 40m² dive deck & platform - air-conditioned saloon with DVD video & music - dining area - sundecks with matresses - underwater scooters - underwater cameras - Laptop & CD burner
Diving limited to max. depth 30 metres for advanced, & 18 metres for open water certified, scuba divers
PADI dive certification courses available including Advanced Open Water and EANx
Menu, Cuisine Type...
- Thai, Asian and international main meal dishes.
- Buffet style dining in the dining area on the upper deck.
- A vegetarian option is available as a matter of course at every sitting - you don't need to worry about booking it in advance!
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, hot chocolate, fruit, water, snacks and biscuits are provided free of charge.
- Beer and wine are also available for purchase.
- Dining begins with dinner on the first evening of the diving safaris.
- Operator rates their dining as high quality and very important.
Menu - Green curry with chicken, massaman chicken, pork with cashew nuts, goulash, fried squid with asparagus ...
- Built in year 2003, refurbished in 2004
- Size - 28m x 6.5m
- Top speed - 12 knots
- Cruising speed - 10 knots
- 2 x 150 HP Hino engines
- 2 x 50 KW generators
- 2 x Bauer Mariner II dive tank compressors
- Enriched air nitrox system
- 12 litre aluminium tanks with international fittings. DIN adapters available
- Electricity 220V - 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 20,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 15,000 litres
- Environmental waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features...
- Solas life raft (for 25 passengers)
- 4m 75 HP motorised dinghy
- 2 x VHF and 3 x CB radios
- Global positioning system (GPS)
- Sonic altmeter
- Echo sounder
- Mobile telephone
- Searchlight and horn
- Advanced medic first aid box
- Oxygen 10,000 litres, plus DAN kit - 1 trained operative
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Horsell dive insurance for customers is included
"Staff was competent, friendly and knowledgable. Boat was in decent condition and fairly comfortable. Food was good. Could use a little more thorough cleaning of the cabins and baths." - Catherine Baldwin, USA, 12 April 2011 ...